OOC - Character Workshop

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: OOC - Character Workshop

Post by Sareth »

My pleasure. I just hope I don't screw things up too terribly.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Just so folk know, now that my schedule is *finally* easing up, I've added some pages to the wiki. These pages include:

CHARACTERS:
Ayiee
Boris
Marcus
Sasha
Last edited by Sareth on April 11th, 2009, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

PLACES:
Emerylon
Mountains of Madness
Southern Continent

If anyone sees any issues with these, feel free to fix them and/or let me know.

The "most wanted" page listed for Errant Road is for Mr. Stagpoole, who I feel uncomfortable doing a page for, unless you want to give me the info, GrayBeard?

After that, the most wanted pages for Errant Road are:

Tsuiraku
Jason Hamael
Ensigerum
Peter
Millenarian Church
Brother Lemuel
Saiko Mesuinu
Ramanzel
Brother Jerald
Selvay
Department of Homeland Security
Private Ryono
Tsuipedia
Lennie
Lorenzel
Oskar

If you recognize any of these and want to do an entry for them, please do. If you have info on them that you think should be included, let me know. I, to be honest, don't even recognize half these things...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

That's terrific work; thanks. I'll get to work on some of those other articles this weekend, as a break from finishing up taxes... :x

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Arreksu
Forum Trainee

Post by Arreksu »

*cough* I talk into this thing, right *sound of microphone being moved* Hang on, I go it...

Right! Hullo tharr, Errant Road Land. Sareth pointed me to this place, and I'm still getting meself familiarized with it, but since this is the place to put prospective characters for that interesting-looking Airship Pirates thingy, I'd like to post up a character concept. Hopefully, I got the place right. So, I suppose, without further ado, an idea...

Name: Tom Brambil
Race: Human.
Origins: An urchin on the streets of Farrel from as early as he could remember, Tom has lived most of his life on and around ships and sailors. Well, not on sailors, obviously, those that try to muscle in on the seam-stresses territory suffer severe consequences, and Tom is nothing if not self-preserving. A life as a street-corner jack of all trades has led to Tom picking up all the skills a successful... uh... well successful whatever needs, anyway. He can cook, dance, sing, swab deck, haul tackle, juggle, tumble, play poker, act demure, pick pockets, lug baggage, polish brass, and did I mention he can cook?

When he was probably twelve (the age thing is a little iffy), he stowed away on a ship heading for Port Isabel, leaving behind some disreputable "friends" and an offer he apparently could refuse. The crew discovered him within eight hours, mostly because he has the occasional obsessive compulsive reaction to unswabbed decks. They let him stay after discovering how handy he was with a metal soupspoon; several fingers and foreheads were sorely bruised before they let him stay aboard. Arriving in Isabel, disaster struck; the ship he'd secured a position on was destroyed in an unfortunate incident involving a drunk troll, two coils of slick rope and some feathers, and the crew went their separate ways, leaving Tom stranded. He's been living in Port Isabel for the last two years or so.

Appearance: You know Oliver Twist? Short, dirty blonde hair, scrawny build? Him, but less whiny, and minus the enormous blue eyes. He's got green eyes instead, and they're normal size.

Equipment: The breeches, tunic, vest and boots are just about the only thing he owns, in addition to a battered harmonica, a hefty metal ladle intended for big pots, and a belt with a huge buckle that's too big to go around his waist, so he wears it at an angle across his chest. He says it makes him look "dashing," but it just looks like he's wearing a belt over his shoulder.
Very well, I accept. Twizzlers at dawn 'pon the field of honour.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Arreksu wrote: Name: Tom Brambil
Excellent! A street urchin is a fine starting point for Airship Pirates. Go look up Shorty and see what you can do... ;)

Arreksu
Forum Trainee

Post by Arreksu »

Right! How free-form is this, by the by?
Very well, I accept. Twizzlers at dawn 'pon the field of honour.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Arreksu wrote:Right! How free-form is this, by the by?
Generally, VERY free-form. There are really only three rules: play nicely with others (although not too nicely... and the rule applies to the players, not the characters), try to keep things generally within the framework of the Poe-verse, and follow the terms of service. Check out the "Starting Point" sticky for more; the very limited "rules" are right up top, and Impy's comments about the terms of service are about five or six responses down.

A couple of comments on the "framework of the Poe-verse" part. The geography is basically that of the Poe-verse, with the addition of a "Southern Continent" for some exotica. Consistency with that geography is not too hard to achieve; after all, Poe really hasn't developed even very important places like Veracia, Tsuirakushiti, etc., in such a way as to be confining. It does, however, mean that the venue is more or less planet-like, and conceptually if not specifically, Earth-like, rather than composed of a belt of asteroids around a red sun, a methane sea with ice-cube mountains sticking out of it, etc. Sentient races are likewise presumed to be those of the Poe-verse: humans, elves, half elves, trolls, potentially dwarves, but no were-tigers, let alone sentient rocks (well, there was that one familiar, but...), noncorporeal beings composed of thoughts and elf breath, etc. This doesn't mean that players can't encounter sentient rocks or breath-beings; it's a weird, weird world out there. (In fact, a couple of sentient NPC races have been created as foils for the players, for example the "pinguimhos" currently important in the Waldhaxen Channel thread.) However, they don't make for satisfactory player characters.

Other than that, pretty well anything goes. These things don't start with a "script," although the long-running Veracian thread has kinda developed one. It's more (and preferably) a matter of the players driving developments as they play. Throwing each other curve balls is just part of the fun ... as long as they aren't beanballs intended to maim.

Does this help? Oh, one other thing: there are no "turns" in this game. People post when they have something to say, rather than waiting until the dice are passed around the table.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Sareth likes!

I'm going to see if we can drum up one or two more people for this, and see what rolls they write themselves up for, before I get it properly rolling, if that's alright. If any of y'all have folk who may be interested in being full of hot air, point 'em this way.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Ehehehehe. I will post an announcement on the main page, since you're interested in having new players.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.