Calling all RPGers

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
LordofNightmares
Forum Regular

Re: Calling all RPGers

Post by LordofNightmares »

I am game is there any shamanic magics? Like Shinto and other spirit(elemental) based spells ?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

LordofNightmares wrote:I am game is there any shamanic magics? Like Shinto and other spirit(elemental) based spells ?
There will be if you make some.

I have been developing Grope, the troll still wandering around Kiyoka, as if the limited magic of the trolls is animist in nature. That's mainly for consistency with the main story, where we've been told on a couple of occasions that they treat spirit and flesh as closely linked (and practice cannibalism as a result). In the main story there are no indications of human or half-human races whose magic or religion are similarly animist, but there's no obvious reason why there couldn't be. The two human magical centers (Tsuiraku, Veracia) and one half-elven one (Santuariel) draw on distinct traditions for their magical practice: "science," "religion," and "folklore," respectively. There should certainly be room for something shamanistic in that space. Question, though: what culture would your character come from that (s)he would have a background in shamanistic magic?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Oooohhh... be from "The South". As in, off the map, to the south. Be carried to the main world in the mouth of a whale or something cool like that. I can work with that.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

We'll find room for the viking helmet. Maybe in a cooler that won't be filled until we get there?

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.