Bowing Out

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Weirdonian
Team Captain

Bowing Out

Post by Weirdonian »

Yep, I'm affraid I have little choice but to leave Errant Road for the time being. I might be able to return sometime in the future, possibly in January, but I'm not certain. After a long, long time, I finally found a job in early August and while it is a good job that pays well, it also takes most of my time and more importantly my energy*. I was hoping to leave with a bit more fanfare, but Viking's post works even better than what I had in mind, my many thanks Jim! Like I said, I may be able to return, but since I don't know for certain, I'm not about to leave you all just hanging, so if this is Toivo's final exit from the story, then so be it.

As for the mapping project, I'm affraid I have to bow out of that too. I haven't even completed the final Port Lorrel map yet, which I will eventually post because, well, I did start it so I might just as well finish it, but I can't pump-out maps quickly enough to make much of a differance to the story, IC or OOC. And my many thanks to Graybeard for his help with the mapping project, and my appologies for not responding to your last email and being unable to continue with the project.

I really hate to do this, but I've had to scale-back my activities in many other areas too. I'll still lurk the forums and post occasionally, so I'm not abandoning the forums entirely, but I'm affraid I just can't keep up with the RPG right now. I've never had steady, full-time work before (I've been very unlucky with employment up until now), so it's been and continues to be a HUGE adjustment.

*My job? I make high-quality, gourmet cheese, mostly soft goat cheeses. It's surprisingly labor intensive, so it wipes me out pretty much every day, but it is quite awesome; it pays well, it's a six minute commute, I like my boss and coworkers, I make something really neat and world renown, and I don't have to deal with any corporate mumbo-jumbo. Here's their site, if you're curious... http://www.chevre.com/index.html
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Bowing Out

Post by Sareth »

Well, that's unfortunate, but we understand how life can get in the way. And it does sound like you like the job, so that's excellent. Good luck, and send us all some free samples some time!
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

+1 to Sareth. Do what needs doing; the (virtual) world will still be here when you're ready to rejoin it. And yes, a job you like is worth giving up some leisure activities for; it doesn't always work that way...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
LordofNightmares
Forum Regular

Post by LordofNightmares »

Hope to see you soon on here again.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Mmm, cheese.

I wonder if we can get that from Jungle Jim's?

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Hmmmm ... Layla's going to be opening a gourmet cheese shop in Kugelheim. Wonder if we could beam Weirdo in?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Hey, look, I'm back from the dead.

So... I'm pretty hopelessly behind on things, as it stands, and I doubt I'll have the time to catch up any time soon. Which leaves me in a sort of bad place, as far as trying to play a part in the whole thing. My last semester as a Senior in college is going to have me working really, really hard for the next three months or so, and... well, suffice it to say, I don't have much chance of ever being able to do this reliably.

So it looks like I have to bow out of the whole thing. It was pretty fun while it lasted though, and I'll at least try to keep reading it.

As for why I stopped yet again? Well, it started with a hospital visit (yes, again) and ended with me trying to cram as much time as possible in with friends whom I may never see again. It's been a surreal 2 months.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Don't feel bad - life happens, and we all get that. What I've done is had Lucas ditch Johnathan and Roger in Volkanenborg in the charge of another freelance tour guide whom he trusts, tasked with getting them to whatever destination they agree upon. This way, if either you or DarkIntruder would ever return and want to play, it's pretty easy to write you back into the story.

Hope you're feeling better, and good luck on your end run at college.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Life is what happens when you have other plans.

Good luck dude!