Did she really say that?

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Did she really say that?

Post by Sareth »

Yeah... The girl who spends all of her time hiding behind people, quietly trembling, and generally fulfilling the role of damsel in serious distress just swore at the local guide.

This can't end well...
Drannin
Prince of Space

Re: Did she really say that?

Post by Drannin »

I believe this trope is called, 'Berserk Button.'

I'm scared now.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Minor tweak: the exchange between Edith and Rose happened in, or at least standing in front of, the greengrocer's, not in the wagon. They (the whole group, presumably) had dismounted to go into the shop, and the women's attention had been summoned by the explosion across the river. That doesn't affect anything fundamentally, except that there's now more stuff available to be thrown at her if it comes to that. :twisted:

I had this dear old aunt, deceased about a year ago at a very ripe old age, who's kind of the model for Edith. She was just a wonderful, loving person who put up with a lot from her boorish husband, was a pillar of her church, participated in every charitable cause that passed through the little farm town outside which they had their farm, and so on. She also shared in the deep-seated, if comparatively subdued by the standards of such things, family prejudice against blacks and the Irish -- never mind that she (and I, this being a blood relative) was of significant Irish extraction herself. And the thing was, individuals of Irish extraction didn't seem to bother her in the slightest, as far as I could tell. It was one of those "but you're not like ... them" things.

One of the dangerous misconceptions about prejudice is that the holder of the prejudice somehow must be a diminished, petty human being just by the nature of being prejudiced. It ain't necessarily so. There are plenty of warm, loving bigots, and if you don't interact with them in the context of the bigotry, you'd never know that they were anything other than warm and loving.
Drannin wrote:I believe this trope is called, 'Berserk Button.'
Referenced, for your reading convenience.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Ah, right. Sorry, headache getting the better of me. I'll fix it.

Muwahahahahaha!
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Alright, I fixed the error. Further action from Lillith. I'll leave it up to you guys who is dragging her out. Perhaps it's Argus. Perhaps Drusia. Perhaps both. Maybe it's even Brad, who could be fast enough to get behind her as she's trying to get a second jar.

Heehee! Berserk Button...
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Sareth wrote: Heehee! Berserk Button...
Yeah... tvtropes has consumed my life...

*click**click**click*

Dammit...
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I managed to pull away from it myself. But *only* because I spent three hours on it yesterday and am still recovering from the hangover.