Tsuiraku-town

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Tsuiraku-town

Post by Graybeard »

Layla smiled sheepishly, having forgotten all about the "dinner party." Well, it was sort of overtaken by events ... but this Rice might be a good person to cultivate. "I'm sorry I didn't get back to you," she said. "Events beyond our control, and all that. We'd still like to have you make dinner for us out at the vineyard, but it may be a day or two before we're ready."

She looked at what Rhett was having, debated getting the same, decided against it -- not so much because of the contents of the dish (although it looked ... curious, and whatever a "land crab" was, it sounded mildly scary) but because it had come out so quickly. She wanted to stay and case the joint for a minute or two, so ... "That looks very good," she said, "but I'm nursing, and I'm not sure it would be a good idea to pass on the spices to my baby. Last time I was here, I saw someone having a noodle dish that looked yummy. Do you have that today?" Whatever the answer, that should give me an opportunity to talk to this woman a little more, and see if Kitaura sticks in her memory.

----------

Faye smiled at the mini-drama playing itself out on the porch; Jasmine looked like she was about to blow a fuse. That was probably her natural state, Faye decided, and she turned back to Joe, now that they had the kitchen to themselves again. "Okay, so where were we? I get that we're supposed to take care of this Rhett, and Peter won't say why. Did he say anything about Layla's magic lessons? I can't imagine that they're going to happen now, with the teacher having been killed."

"I asked him about that," Joe said, "and I got the oddest answer back. He chuckled -- and you know Peter never chuckles -- and then he said, 'Don't worry, Luminosita will provide...' Wonder what he meant by that? But apparently they're still a go, somehow. Now as for Kitaura ..."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
4uk4ata
Errant Scholar

Post by 4uk4ata »

Kalin thought that he might have been supposed to be outraged, at least there probably was something in the scriptures apocrypha about that thing. As he was never quite clear on them, he was more amused at anything. Well... amused wasn't quite the word, he was mildly irritated that Jamie was that passionate about it, and less mildly irritated that Maya seemed to be into it. Ah well, maybe it wasn't meant to be.

He more sensed than saw Jasmine looking hellfire and brimstone on Jamie, and for some reason that made him quite uncomfortable. He was quite sure the woman had an eye on him and while it didn't bother him all that much (he did find her somewhat attractive), the fact that she was so possessive and obviously interested in him worried him no small bit. He twitched slightly, better turn this in another direction...

"Miss Maya, do you need some help?"

and then he realized that this might not be quite the most appropriate way to express himself.
koshkoo
Forum Regular
Location: On A planet we claim to be Earth, when 70% or more is water

Post by koshkoo »

The land crab with a tail was served on a simple bowl, a mesh of deep fried spring greens as garnish... so proves Rice's vocabulary was limited, the 'land crab with tail' was actually a scorpion, stuffed and deep fried, because the scorpions picked had just shed it's shell, the scorpion was a pretty translucent pink with white streaks suggesting the stuffing was of various mixture of who knows what. The shell was edible and crispy with a surprisingly sweet and tender filling.

Rice nods in agreement. "Yes, this be too spicy if one be feeding... Rice shall make Miss Lyla different dish, please wait."

Rice was delighted in the idea she was catered to do what she'd consider a grand opening feast, usually people would go for some larger catering party to do such, she decided to ask for more details after she made the noodle dish... something for a feeding mother.
Stuff
Posing
As
Meat!
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

"Actually," a voice said not-too-far from Kalin's ear, "it looks like she's doing quite fine on her own. I, on the other hand..."

A man stumbled into view. It wasn't so much that he had been hiding as ther really wasn't anything to hide behind. It was much more (and understandingly disturbingly so) like he had simply appeared, or was possibly invisible until that moment he wasn't.

He was tall, with black scraggly hair falling unevenly all about his shoulders and back, and was wearing the tattered remains of a reddish armor coat. All of him, head to toe, was covered in scratches and cuts, mostly caked with dirt and blood, and he even smelled of dirt. Not filth (though there may have been a hint of that) but instead more like topsoil, recently turned earth.

"...could absolutely murder any of you for a sandwich and a beer."
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Releasing Maya, I turned to the newcomer, pausing only long enough to smirk at Mother for the briefest of moments. The shade she had turned had been most satisfying. "A beer and a sandwich sounds pretty good right about nholyfuckwhathappenedtoyou?"
Kincaide
Errant Scholar

Post by Kincaide »

When Rhett saw just what 'land crab' was he only smiled wider. These were smaller than the ones you got up north, those were big enough to give dogs and cats trouble, but it was still scorpion. Back home they were usually prepared in a manner similar to crab cakes or made into a bisque. Without waiting for Layla's food to arrive, Rhett tucked in happily. He broke off various crispy limbs and used them to scoop up the greens.

He had devoured almost half of the fried critter before the heat caught up to his tongue, "A glass of water, if you please," Rhett croaked, keeping his voice controlled as his tongue started to burn and sizzle in his mouth. Food back home was never this spicy but if he could just get some water he could go back to enjoying it.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

As Rice brought the noodles, Layla saw what she was looking for. The small pile of business cards that Rice had accumulated near the cash drawer (she should really be more discreet about where she kept the money, Layla thought) included one she recognized:
KITAURA Kentauro
Captain, Tsuirakuan Army and Department of Homeland Security
Consulate of Tsuiraku
Harbor Road
Rinkaiel City, Farrel

"Thank you," she smiled, and took a bit of noodles; the dish was really quite tasty. Then she pointed to the card. "I see that Captain Kitaura dines here. I -- knew him before I moved to town. Does he come here often?"

-----------

Faye stared at the alarming apparition. This vineyard does attract quite the assemblage of strays, doesn't it? I hope my daughter runs a tighter ship when she gets entrenched here -- no, I don't hope, I insist on it. "You certainly look like you need something," she said. "We don't have beer, but I think there's enough for at least a sandwich or two that we can spare. But exactly who are you and why are you here?" A sidelong look at Joe sent him heading for the ice box ... and for the drawer next to it that sheltered a pistol, just in case.

koshkoo
Forum Regular

Post by koshkoo »

Rice scratches the back of her forehead apologizing when her dish was too spicy, offering goat's milk instead of water, "Stops burn." she explains sticking out her tongue and fanning.

Upon being questioned about the card, Rice gave Lyla a long look, "You Tsuirakan? Friend of ... " she shivers remembering the reptilian gaze "Kitaoran?" Her mind races wondering what's going on... and certainly paid more attention to how these two customers of her's look like.
Stuff
Posing
As
Meat!
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Uh, oh, Layla thought, seeing the look in Rice's eyes. Something about Kitaura hadn't set well with her ... surprise, surprise.

"Not so much 'friend' as a business contact," she backtracked. "He has expressed concerns about the safety and security of our vineyard. I don't know whether those concerns are well founded, but he's a powerful man, and when he raises concerns, it's well to pay attention to him. I don't think he actually has friends ... he just has interests." She hoped Rice would catch the innuendo.

koshkoo
Forum Regular

Post by koshkoo »

Little tick and clanks runs in the little head of Rice while Lyla was elaborating, ~~So... Miss Lyla had also came in contact with that enforcer, *sniff sniff* (remember she relies on the sense of smell more than sight) she does seem to tense up about this.. That is not good on my part... I was told to not mention I know or seen him... He seems to go around quite a lot, ~~

Rice runs through her options mentally~~

1. She's certainly asking about the captain, for what I am not sure... though it does seem she's in a similar condition as I, So chances are she could tell him I spoke of him... not good.

2. I still don't know if she's tsuiirakuan or not... nor is she for or against the enforcer, I certainly don't want more trouble than I could handle...

3. By now she at least know I've seen this Captain... lets see if she's on his side...

Rice's swipes the card from the counter, holding it out at Lyla, "Good, So You could give good? captain card he left behind after food..."

~~Lets see if she takes it, and if it would bring that scary man back here, then I know if she help or is against the captain.~~
Stuff
Posing
As
Meat!