Tsuiraku-town, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Tsuiraku-town, part 2

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC True. But I'm looking at the situation and seeing a few potential problems. Firstly, who's going to chase after Jaime? I'd assume (and try not to make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me') that Gault and Faye would stay at the vineyard since Faye is the only gewehr still in the building and is waiting for Layla and Ace to return, and it would be in character for Gault to not really care about Jaime spazzing out and running away (plus if he's 'injured' it would be suspicious if he could break into a flat out run). Maya's blind and therefore about as much use as a rubber hammer in a chase situation. Which leaves Jasmine who's also controlled by Sareth, and Jade who would probably feel responsible enough to try to get Jaime back. So then you've got 2-3 writers max to write a side-story about the chase, which presumably is going to wind up at one of two conclusions, either a) Jaime gets talked around by the characters chasing her and agrees to return to the vineyard or b) she doesn't, in which case, why not just let her go? In either case I don't think this plot twist would even last long enough to warrant a thread by itself, shifting locations or not. In fact, wouldn't it make more sense just to put it in background noise if everyone thinks it shouldn't be part of the next thread?/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC True. But I'm looking at the situation and seeing a few potential problems. Firstly, who's going to chase after Jaime? I'd assume (and try not to make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me') that Gault and Faye would stay at the vineyard since Faye is the only gewehr still in the building and is waiting for Layla and Ace to return, and it would be in character for Gault to not really care about Jaime spazzing out and running away (plus if he's 'injured' it would be suspicious if he could break into a flat out run). Maya's blind and therefore about as much use as a rubber hammer in a chase situation. Which leaves Jasmine who's also controlled by Sareth, and Jade who would probably feel responsible enough to try to get Jaime back. So then you've got 2-3 writers max to write a side-story about the chase, which presumably is going to wind up at one of two conclusions, either a) Jaime gets talked around by the characters chasing her and agrees to return to the vineyard or b) she doesn't, in which case, why not just let her go? In either case I don't think this plot twist would even last long enough to warrant a thread by itself, shifting locations or not. In fact, wouldn't it make more sense just to put it in background noise if everyone thinks it shouldn't be part of the next thread?/OOC
Valid points all, but I think they can be dealt with. Somebody from the Gewehr bunch, certainly Faye and maybe others, will have to go chasing after Jamie; they have to protect her, after all. Jasmine will certainly chase her; that's what she's all about. If Jade really would feel "responsible enough" to help, that's critical mass. Gault, Mouse, Maya, Ouro if he's still here, and Layla and Ace (who are off doing "fact finding" on the shack and wouldn't get back to the vineyard until too late to join the chase) should represent enough players for the part that remains in Rinkaiel.

"Remains in Rinkaiel?" you may be wondering. Well, no reason why there can't be another hidden warp gate out there that send Jamie and her pursuers somewhere unexpected. I even have somewhere in mind for that that fits with all the other stuff that's going on.

Finally, this would be a great time to introduce new players and/or characters. Wherever Jamie is going, there'll be other humans -- or non-humans -- who could join the fun.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, so to prepare the split:]

It took Faye a fateful few minutes to figure out what had happened, and by the time it was all sorted out, Jamie's lead was considerable.

"Wait!" she shouted toward the forest. "It's not what you think!" But too late. She turned back to Jasmine, who was watching with a facial expression that Faye really didn't want to think about, and Jade. "We'd better go get her."

The girl certainly hadn't covered her tracks, Faye thought as she hurried through the bushes faster than she'd moved in quite some time. Furthermore, the first one through terrain like this had to move a lot slower than anyone following her. They might have a chance of catching up with the fugitive after all.

Yes, there she was, coming up on an open area on the far side of the forest, where neither Faye nor any of the other Gewehr people had gone before. Faye threw open her hands. "Look! We're not going to hurt you, it's not like that! You're ..."

But before she could complete the sentence, Jamie sprinted out into the center of the clearing ... and there was the sudden WHSSSHHH of a completely unexpected warp gate functioning.

When the magic sparkles cleared, the clearing was empty.

Faye's shoulders slumped as she turned to the other two women. "This just got a lot more complicated, didn't it ..."

[OOC: Sareth, we have some stuff to discuss before the new threads start...]

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Yessssssssss." Jasmine's response was so sibilant Faye could almost picture a forked tongue flickering behind Jasmine's lips. "Damnit! I finally track her down, and she pulls this!" She scowled, then turned thoughtful. "At least she took Nera with her. She may be growing into a responsible young girl after all." She smiled. "I'm going to need my pack. Given that girl, this is going to take a while."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Faye winced. "So it is. I'd better leave Layla a note. I'll be right back." She hurried back toward the house.

[OOC: So, anybody got anything more to do before we open not one but two new threads here? One will be the continuation of action in town -- "Rinkaiel, part 3" or some such -- and for the other, I have something in mind that I won't reveal yet. :twisted: ]

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Go ahead bud. Onwards and upwards./OOC

Jade stood, gobsmacked, at the unexpected turn of events. She'd never been fond of warp-gates (or magic of any kind for that matter) but in the last twenty four hours those teleportation pads had earned themselves a special level of loathing in the blacksmith's heart. She eyed the gate with a mixture of trepidation and a sinking sense of inevitability.

She'd opted to wait for the other two women there, after all, the only thing she was leaving behind in Tsuiraku town were a couple of changes of clothing and a few scraps of parchment back at The Mead and Drum. She sighed, thinking about the reckless youngster who was causing the trouble, and waited for Faye and Jasmine to return.

.........................................................................................................................

Elsewhere. A certain dishevelled-looking, lanky-haired beggar got to his feet and started making his way deeper into Tsuiraku town...
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

Gault sat and waited in the vineyard house. The place was now deserted except for him and the blind girl, along with whatever workers there were. This was an odd turn of events to be sure.

[OOC: Yeah, go ahead.]
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

OOC: ready

Maya sipped at some tea "my my everyone seems so energetic today." smiling she took another sip of her tea as the girls rallied together to chase down whoever they were yelling at.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, new thread open, picking up exactly where this one leaves off. This one's locked, please continue there.