Tsuiraku-town, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Hours
Unit of Time

Re: Tsuiraku-town, part 2

Post by Hours »

[OOC: Two days no post, keeping it moving...]
Spoiler: show
The problem with standoffs was that no one was willing to do anything, which meant that a whole lot could be running through your head while not a lot was actually going on in terms of action, and since there were now fires and panic running all around it meant that there wasn't long before the local authorities turned up, most likely with backup. Gault could get out of there but he wouldn't be able to leave with Mouse or Ghaz... Still time though.

'Mouse, dive! Cover Ghaz!'

Gault dropped his gun, pointing it quickly and squarely at the battlemage's hand which supported his staff and pulling the trigger and unloading both barrels, the buckshot tearing the battlemage's supporting forearm into strips of meat and shards of broken bones, reflexes and shock causing him to blast a crater in the pavement just as Gault whipped him upside the head with the stock of his scattergun and scooped up the fallen Yuuki staff of the first battlemage to be gunned down, his coat was on fire and it had all his spare ammo in its pockets after all.

Gunshots sounded out around the ruined inn while the others dealt with the landlord, Gault headed for the stairs in search of Mr. Silver's room, easy enough as apparently he hadn't gotten rid of those bodies yet, just a matter of following the faint smell of rotting fish, the door had been left open, apparently it was just him, the landlord and his two guards that watched this place, and otherwise the place was reasonably bare, Mr. Silver had been a good bagman and kept all the information in his head which was sadly now spread across the common room in fine bloody chunks.
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

May walked to the panty "hmmm well I was born in Tsuirakushiti my dad's part of the military and my mom is merchant. I have two younger sister, there really fun, and I like sweet things." Maya thought a little more "I was home schooled even though i really wanted to go to normal school but since I wouldn't be able to read the books and keep up I didn't get to go.... but now I'm on my own adventure so I get to meet alot of interesting people."
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"It's good that you're out and about learning about the world and standing on your own two feet," Jasmine agreed. She reached up and began rummaging about for tea. "Just don't tell my daughter that I said that. She'd use it as an excuse." The woman smiled. "Oh, and I should apologize for what she did earlier. I just didn't raise that girl right, I guess. Ah!" She produced a jar that had the fragrant smell of good tea.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Ace and Jade made it back to the safehouse with the struggling teenager still between them. Dumping her with an annoyed squark in front of the girl's mother.

"Yours, I believe."

The quintet looked back at the milling golem from the relative safety of the building. At least four of them did. Blind girls didn't see as far as Jade knew. With the removal of its obsticle the roughly-shaped humanoid resumed its mechanical sounding announcement about 'returning to base' and passed through the barrier outside the shack. Jade breathed a deep sigh of relief.

"Half the other one's still down in the basement." she announced. She jogged Ace's elbow companionably, illiciting a smile from the older man.

"Nice work chief. Now what?"

OOC Edit- because size matters/OOC
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on August 12th, 2010, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

"Just don't tell my daughter that I said that. She'd use it as an excuse."
Maya gave a cheerful laugh thinking about the conversation that would entail, unfortunatly she was useless with helping to find the jar but she was great at talking and waiting.
"Oh, and I should apologize for what she did earlier. I just didn't raise that girl right, I guess. Ah!"
Maya looked more confused than earlier "..... ah right don't worry about it, it didn't hurt and was only really more surprising than anything. Didn't think my first time would be with another girl though...... do you hear the heavy foot step of the panicked?" Maya suddenly said hearing many something or one large something running towards them.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Nice work chief. Now what?"

"I don't know," Ace said, stifling a yawn. "With that dealt with, maybe we can go to bed, although I wish Layla and Faye would get back so -- wait a minute." He turned to face Jade, as her previous sentence finally sank in on him. "Half the other one's still down in the basement."

His face creased in incredulity. "There's another one?"

[OOC:
Jack Rothwell wrote:With the removal of its obsticle the oversized humanoid resumed its mechanical sounding announcement about 'returning to base' and passed through the barrier outside the shack.
Actually, "blue golems," which are a sort-of-race of ancient constructs rather than modern mage creations, are basically human-sized.]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"There's another one?"

"Yeah. It popped up when I was trying to get some shut eye." Jade made her way back to the stairs and gestured for the others to follow. "This thing was in the middle of some kind of teleportation spell and... well... you'd better see for yourself."

The scene in the basement was relatively unchanged since Jade had made her exit. The shards of the first golem were scattered widely from the corner from which it had appeared. Jade marched back to the intruders entry point, stepping around the large puddle of wine that had finished spilling from the punctured barrels. She leaned out of sight for a moment and came back up holding a stony chunk of the creatures knee.

"Didn't think the spell was going too well. So I gave it a hand deciding where it wanted to be. Turned out it wanted to be everywhere." She pulled a grin which had little to do with humour.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Luminosita's Nethers," Ace swore quietly as he eyed the carnage in the basement. I wish Layla and Faye were here... "What now?"

[OOC: In answer to the "what now," I propose a fast-forward to morning, when Layla and Faye will be returning to the house from their sojourn to the consulate, bringing some surprises. Anybody got any parting shots? It's possible, the night is still young...]

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Well, I don't know about you but I could do with catching up on my sleep."

Jade dumped the remains she was holding and strolled back to the stack of crates she'd been napping behind before her rude awakening.

"I'll be heading back home in the morning to sort out a few things. I can be back later if you need me."

She slumped gratefully to the mattress with an audible groan.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: So am I to assume we've fast-forwarded to morning? I'd also like to talk off-line with the crowd who've been shooting people armed with Yuuki staffs.]

Ace didn't sleep well, with the result that he was sitting on the house's porch when Layla, Faye and Zachary made it back. What followed was ... impassioned.

"You wouldn't believe where we spent the night," Layla said, as soon as they were in a position to talk again.

"That's okay," Ace said. "You wouldn't believe what happened here while you were gone, either..."