Tsuiraku-town, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Tsuiraku-town, part 2

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC K, this might be a bit of forwardness on the part of Jade but i figured this is probably something she would've worked out based on the information she recieved. Even so, if you want this changing greybeard, just let me know./OOC

"it's almost a shame." Jade felt herself indulging in the more philosophical, sadistic side of her personality. "I mean, if Kiraura and his men were to go to war against these 'rebels' you and yours could simply take a backseat and pick off the winner before they get a chance to recouperate, then all your troubles would be over."

She mentally shook herself to clear the evil thoughts; this wasn't why she'd come back. She silently cursed her old 'Captain' for putting revolutionary ideas in her head and turned her mind to more practical matters, she leaned closer to the middle-aged woman and dropped her tone to keep the next question from Bill's ears.

"Never mind. Look. I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I'm a far sight from stupid. Your daughter told me you were with one of the guilds (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1152&start=120) but didn't elaborate on which one it was. Now...based on the fact that the Homeland Security office is asking for your help and based on the fact that none of you seem to be throwing fireballs for fun or zipping around at thirty times the speed of a regular human being I'm just going to take a shot in the dark and assume that you're Gewehr Wraiths. Which would make a lot of sense all things considered."

She locked eyes with the older woman and tried to keep the tension she felt out of her voice.

"I've ran into the Gewehr's before, you know. About 3 years ago one of them tried to kill my old boss." She leaned back in her chair and finished rolling up the ciggarette she'd been making. "The man didn't quite succeed but I'll be damned if I wasn't impressed by the attempt." Jade offered a silent prayer to any Gods who might've been listening before she finished her little tirade.

"Or am i wrong?"

EDIT: The discussion about Gewehrs was for Faye's ears only in case it wasn't made clear in the post.
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on August 21st, 2010, 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Or am i wrong?"

"Neither confirm nor deny," Faye said, doing her best to keep a straight face and having no idea whether she was succeeding. "You must be new to Farrel. There are all sorts of guilds in this country, and yeah, we're attached to one of them, that has to be obvious to you. Asking too closely about which guild a particular person is attached to is a good way to get dead, though. Let's just say we're giving Jasmine and Jamie some help with --"

Her explanation was interrupted by the crash of something large passing through a window somewhere else in the house. "Damn," she said. "We may have let our guard down against trouble from that shack. Time to play some defense." She produced a revolver from somewhere, and got very, very quiet.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

All throughout the sudden and conversational whiplash inducing discussions going on, Gault just sat there with an unconcerned air about him. As much as they could say that he was a bloodthirsty type the fact wasn't that he was frothing at the mouth and howling for blood, perhaps like one of this family's distant fanatical relatives, but the worse of it was that he was casually discussing the prospect of singlehandedly fighting a civil war over his breakfast. Like it was something that was not worth thinking too hard about.

If anything, Faye would only be able to see him with a look of absolute confidence in his eye. He wasn't insane, but he was positive that he would not only be able to survive this, but to profit from it. Then came the crash, and he pulled out a short baton from his pocket, extended it with a quiet clack and waited at the ready for someone to say something.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Jade mirrored Bill and Faye's gestures. Since stealth appeared to be the name of the game she went to her hip and grabbed a couple of the short throwing knives strapped there. She looked over at the man she'd mentally classed as a 'freebooter', wondering how much use the man would be with the injuries he had. Her discussion with Faye had veered to a halt which was probably for the best, what she said about poking around for information too closely rang true, and from what she'd seen of the vineyards residents having them decide that they wanted Jade out the picture would be very dangerous indeed.

'So keep your bloody mouth shut and focus on getting through this in one piece' She mentally chided herself, and started creeping towards one of the windows to get another look at the shack.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jamie was, to put it simply, hauling ass.

In spite of Jade's best efforts, the simple fact of the matter was that Jamie had good ears. And she had heard certain key bits of what Jade had said. Chiefly the phrase "You're Gewehr Wraiths." And that was all it had taken.

She'd known she had fallen in amongst an interesting crowd. There were enough guns and gun bunnies to make it obvious that she wasn't amongst mere vintners. Of course, there had been sheriff lady. So that one had made sense. But the rest were a bit odd. However, the moment the words "Gewehr Wraiths" had been uttered, it all clicked. It clicked, and went south of "aw shit." The only way it could have been worse would have been if it had been Ensigerum that she'd fallen amongst, though she was pretty sure she'd have figured that one out pretty quick. They tended to stand out. When you could see them at all.

She was, it was safe to say, in deep doodoo. If they were to figure out just who she was, then her life wasn't worth a half-elf slave girl on "Invite An Elf To Dance" night at the local brothels. She'd cut into the competition for both the Gewehr and Ensigerum on multiple occasions in multiple places, and they had been quite eager to show their displeasure with her over that. Oh, and also, for better or worse, and wholly against her will, she seems to have become a pawn for yet another Gewehr rival, the Ensigerum. Then there was that liiiiiiiiittle incident with Arty at the docks in Kiyoka. Somehow she suspected that one had made it personal for someone.

Best to leave while the leavin' was possible.

The girl had swept up her pack, stuffed it full of anything within reach on the thought that if she couldn't eat it, she could pawn it, and threw the sack on her shoulder. She had then proceeded to heave a heavy object through the window out the back, and scampered through said window. She was now, to put it colloquially, hauling balls.

"Squeee! Phbtbtbtbtbtbtbbt!"

As she ran into the woods behind the house, she looked down to find that Nera was wiggling and giggling in her arms.

"Awwwwww. Maaaaaaaaaan! Why did I bring you? This was my chance!"

Cursing herself in several different languages she didn't otherwise speak, Jamie absconded into the woods.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Inadvertent plot twist fun! let it ride!/OOC

Jade got to the window and a few seconds later her eyebrows were climbing up her head and clinging together for comfort.

"Err... Jasmine? Is that your kid disapearing into the woods over there?"

She had to hand it to her, even with what appeared to be the child Jade had seen Jaime's mother bouncing on her knee the previous evening in her arms the girl was travelling remarkably quickly. An unpleasant feeling settled into the merc's gut that this unexpected turn of events was somehow her fault.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Discussion needed here.

We're about at our usual maximum length for a thread (although there's no reason why it couldn't go on longer if we wanted to, the 250-post "limit" is arbitrary), and besides, there is about to be a split of sorts in what follows, based on who does what. Some of the party have an interest in going hieing off after Jamie, because of stuff that has happened before we got to this point. Others ... don't.

What would people think of a "fork" here, where some people stay and interact with the city of Rinkaiel, while the others get into whatever kind of trouble Jamie's heading for? Let's discuss before going too much further.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

OOC: I think the fork would be appropriate, I doubt anyone's getting close to Jamie at this point without a shootout.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC I'm not sure. Does retrieving Jaime warrant an entire thread? I figured even if some of the characters spent half a day catching up to her and convincing her she was safe they'd eventually rejoin the vineyard and deal with the 'bigger' situation anyway. Unless Sareth is really going to go over the hills and far away I don't see a reason for a split./OOC
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

It would likely require an entire thread if, say... Jamie does not want to continue to stick with the vineyard group. Which from what I can gather is entirely likely.