Farrel: Ladies' Day Out

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Farrel: Ladies' Day Out

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: The trolls have had enough of this nonsense and are beating feet back to the south. In any event, even Grope, probably the least human-magic-phobic troll you'd ever see, wouldn't be caught dead at a human warp gate...]

"THANKS, TROLLS!" Faye shouted at the top of her lungs, then turned to Jade. "Will that do? I'm not going to seek them out... And I've seen more than enough of this body, thank you very much. Now let's get the hell out of here." She'd fill Jade in later on what she'd "seen" that answered some questions in her mind, but for now, escape had the top priority.

Moments later, the gate functioned, and the women were elsewhere.

------------

"THANKS, TROLLS!"

Grope was already atop the ridge and heading south, but he could hear the shout in the distance, and so could his companions. They looked at him with puzzlement, but he only smiled. <"I'll explain later, but let's just say that that Small One they were chasing, the one that got scooped up by the airship, is kinda like Growf incarnate...">

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, merge-fu has officially been accomplished, so things involving Jade, Jasmine and Faye should be back in the Tsuiraku-town thread. Of course, we still have Jamie's situation to resolve...

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Background noise? New thread with new characters maybe? If you guys need someone to pen up some background npc's to fill out the ship I'd be happy to lend a hand, assuming you actually need any.

Well to the archives with this one I guess, it was short but sweet. Looking forward to seeing this writ up in wiki. :) /OOC
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Sorry about the disappearance. I had a busy week, then spent the weekend helping a buddy brew beer. By the way, I likely will be somewhat scarce over the next several weeks owing to an over-abundance of really hard philosophical thought I have to digest...

Anyway, I think Jamie is going to be MIA for a bit, but I'll keep piloting Jasmine over in the other thread. Just as soon as I get caught up on it...[/OOC]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"I still don't get why we're doin' this gig," the Eisenfaust operative complained to his partner aboard the airship.

"Me neither," the other man said, "but we're just followin' orders. Now, 'slong's we can outrun that other ship, we're good. But we gotta do that, or we're screwed."

"Roger that." The first man pulled the "emergency power" lever on the controls, and there was a FOOSHHH of magic as previously untapped energies took over. The gap between the Eisenfaust ship and the one rising from the compound began to widen.

The second man breathed a considerable sigh of relief. "Had me worried there for a minute. Lemme go down to the hold and see what kind of fish we trawled." He shinnied through a hatch and down into the space below the cabin ...

... Where Jamie and Nera were disentangling themselves from the net.

It was camouflage of a sort, but not enough to interfere with recognition.

"I know you..."

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Yeah!" Jamie snarled. "And I know you. And you can tell that egotistical stuck up under-sexed bint Elke just where she can shove this airship! She probably has enough room in any orifice she chooses! Rotten lousy streetwalking..."

"Uh, Jamie..." the operative interjected.

"WHAT?" The girl snapped free of the net and picked up Nera, then began using her free hand to scoot scattered weapons into a pile.

"Um... Th' kid..."

Jamie shot the man a look that should have rendered him dead, or at least sterile, on the spot. "No," she grumbled. "In answer to your question, she's not yours. If she was, she'd be a year and a half old, not six months. Analis' dried up cooter, you always were bad at math, Simon, but really?"

Simon colored up. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that, but given how much trouble I got in with the bosses f' bangin' a 17 year old, the thought of having a kid with her made my brain seize up."

"Seventeen?" Jamie paused. "Uh, yeah. Seventeen! Right!"

Simon gave Jamie a long look. "Um... Just how old are you now?"

It was quiet in the hold. "... Seventeen."

Simon turned white. "I can do the math on that just fine..." He turned and shouted up the passageway. "Get this thing movin' faster!"

"But we're already outpacing the other ship," the reply echoed down the passage.

"That's no longer my biggest worry! The faster we get this cargo off this ship, the safer we'll all be! This one's more trouble than she's worth!" Simon hollered.

"Gee, thanks," Jamie muttered.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, significant left turn coming here -- well, literally, it's a right turn, but you get the idea. Incidentally, this would be an excellent time to think about adding new characters, as an opportunity to do so will shortly present itself...]

"Are they still chasing us?" the non-Simon crewman asked.

"No," Simon said, breathing a very understandable sigh of relief. "I wasn't sure we'd have the speed to pull away from them, but we did. They turned back a few minutes ago."

The other man nodded, addressed Jamie. "Grab hold of something, kid, and prepare to come about. We're going to be turning this thing." And they did, in a sweeping right turn that set a new course ...

... Toward Port Lorrel.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Alright. Cool beans. I'll go ahead and wait for just a little and we can plot and plan what all we want to do, and see who turns up.[/OOC]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

A few hours (and much snark) later, the airship touched down at Port Lorrel -- not at the public airship terminal, but at the small docking facility behind a certain warehouse on Linden Street.

Elke was waiting on the ground for Jamie as she (and Nera) clambered down the ramp. "There, see?" she smirked. "I told you we'd give you some cover, in exchange for, let's say, seeing the world through your eyes. Can you imagine just how much trouble you'd have been in if some of my people hadn't happened along?"

She started to wink, but decided that would be gilding the lily.

[OOC: Great time and place for some new characters...]

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Okey doke, Tamina on her way. Hopefully this'll work out. Anyone know what the Port Lorrel currency is? Also, I propose that we change the name 'cat people' to 'kobolds' since Elves, dwarves and trolls in the poe-verse kept their original fantasy names and since vicking-sensei even headed their description with 'probably needs a better name'. I'll retcon if no-one agrees./OOC

At that moment, and not far from the recently landed airship, a man bedecked in finery that marked him to be from a more finance-orientated part of the Eisenfaust was peering through the bars of a rickety looking wooden cage.

"How much do you want for her?" He said.

Another man, a particulary ugly looking sailor, put on his best business smile (with broken teeth to match) and replied.

"Two 'undred."

"That's steep."

"Transportation and feeding costs aint cheap. D'you want 'er or not?"

The merchant looked closer at his potential purchase. Inside the cage was a humanoid figure covered in a patchwork of black and white fur. It's oversized ears were drooped down and it's long tail was curled protectively around it's lean body. It made a sound best described as mewling.

"Aww, she's cute as a button." The man enthused, reaching through the bars and waggling his fingers. "Here puss-puss, come on, daddy's not gonna hurt you."

The captured kobold leaned forward towards the outstretched hand.

"Yes, that's right, you're gonna be happy in your new home. We'll take good- ow!" he pulled back sharply, clutching his now bleeding digits.

"De-clawing costs extra." Said the sailor.