To the Southern Continent

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: To the Southern Continent

Post by Sareth »

"I'm not completely certain," Jamie replied, holding Tamina's hands a little too eagerly. "There were these cat girls, and they seemed to have a problem with other cat girlth turning into these monthters, and now we're tring to thtop thethe cat girlths fr..." Jamie winced, coughed, spat, and then continued. "We're truing to stop these cat girls from being slaughtered by the other cat girls in the name of people like that guy." She pointed to the corpse of the man she had just shot. "Does that help, Mr. Keyes?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"The Ralkin." Tamina supplied in light of 'Jay-me's' explanation. "Evil magic-users. Set a magical plague on the peoples and the Killikah*. Gonna stop them, gonna go back to the village and figure what to do."

The kobold slid down the roof gently with the teen close by, as if the native was suddenly scared to let her go.

"Got to find them." She said, approaching the magic-user. "But who you? Live here?"

*-sisterhood
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"But who you? Live here?"

Keyes re-fastened Old Charlie around his neck; he wouldn't be able to use him for a while, but it didn't look necessary now.

"My name ith Keyeth," he lisped, "and I don't libe here. I libe acrot de othean, and my bothth [OOC: "boss" -- how do you represent a lisp in that word? /OOC:] taid to look apter you."

He caught Jamie's puzzled look at "boss" and decided to elaborate. "Miter Tagpoole, you remember, wit de boat you were on. I tink you know hit wipe, too -- her name id Elke."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina's brow furrowed at the lisp heavy elaboration by 'Keyeth', her grasp of yooman speak was shaky at times and her distraction at Jay-me's injury wasn't helping her concentrate.

"Gonna get back to the killikah. Gotta find the Ralkin and stop them. You help, Keyeth?"

OOC Short one, got a bigger post coming up in the next day or two./OOC
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jamie looked rather displeased at the mention of Elke, but as Tamina asked Keyes if he would help, her eyes went wide in surprise. "Wipe... WIFE?" She shook her head. "There's no justice in the world. The bitch is happily married."

Suddenly she curled up, shivering.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Dey dut got married a week or two ago," Keyes addressed Jamie, "but dey might ad well have been por a long time. Anyway, I'm tuppote to keep an eye on you two, help you out. I don't know why. Miter Tagpoole taid to, and he pay de billd." He paused, frowned. "But ... what am I tuppote to do to help tomebody dat got de plu? You don't look too good..."

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina knelt by Jamie side and gently helped her to her feet, indicating to Alleece to come round the teenagers other side to support her.

"Gonna take Jay-me to Leli. Tribe Elder." Her eyes alighted on the staff laying next to the body of the recently deceased Arcelius. "Might be able to use that to help find the Ralkin." She steadied her companion, trying not to show distress at the groaning noise she made.

"Plague's a spell. Find the source. Destroy it. End the spell."

"He can help." Alleece said from Jay-me's other side. "Saw him summon the lizard thing. Hurt the ferals."

Tamina nodded and smiled a needly-toothed grin at Keyes. "Helpful. Heading back now if you wanna come."

OOC And with that we can kick the action forward, unless anyone wants to do something on the way back to the village?/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Since Keyes doesn't have the slightest idea yet what the action is, he certainly can't object to kicking it forward...

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Works for me.[/OOC]
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

The space in front of the delirious ex-officer seemed to swell and warp. Gabrile shakily raised his gun at the rip in reality. He'd stopped trusting his senses half an hour ago, but it still paid to be cautious.

His mission was going to fail. He'd struggled with it but accepted it. The ex-militiaman's trek to find the village had turned into a desperate stagger towards civilisation made all the more difficult by the unrelenting voice in his head telling him where to go and what to do.

He pushed it aside in the face of the spell unfolding in front of him. If this was some mystical power sent to finish him off then so be it; he had too much pride to die on his knees or scrambling like a coward to escape.

The flash of the teleportation dazzled him with afterimages, but through the glare he could make out a slightly built, bald figure standing in front of him.

"Gabriel Averis." A gentle voice addressed him. "You are ours now."

Alec's right hand man aimed at the centre of the figure and squeezed the trigger. The crackling noise informed him through his rising fever that the lead had struck a barrier. He snarled.

"Off. Fuck off."

"Now, now, Mr Averis, such hostility is unwarranted. We know your mind, we know your wants. We can help you." The black robed figure came into focus, he gave the appearance of a thing whose blood had turned cold decades ago, even to a military mind the man was unnerving.

"What are you talking about?"

"We have this region now. The last pocket of resistance is hours away from being stamped out. We could sit and watch it with a detached eye but you have drawn our interest."

Fucilious stepped forward with surprising speed and seized the man by the shoulders. Gabriel struggled to fend the Ralkin off but his body seemed to have grown too heavy to move.

"Sleep." The mage whispered. "When you wake you'll feel much better."

OOC I'll get to the village scene when I get a spare minute. If anyone wants to set the scene or throw in an aside go ahead./OOC