The road to Getsemiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: The road to Getsemiel

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Is Eli ok to run into Tim and Desiree on my next post? Should be an interesting confrontation./OOC
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Very well. Poor Tim. I'll post that in background noise & you can respond in either place you like.]
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

As I catch my breath, both Eli and Brother Tim draw weapons. Good - together maybe they can flank that thing and -

And they look like they're going to kill eachother.

"Moster," I gasp, still trying to catch my breath "Chasing us. Think it used to be a troll."

Maybe now they can both get their swords pointed in the right direction?

-- Desiree
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"It's true" said Tim - "It's back there in the mist..."

Only now the mist was gone. The sound of heavy, pursuing footsteps was absent. It shared its absence with any other sign of pursuing monsters.

The world, it seemed, had not lost its taste for farce.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Lillith just had to be around here somewhere, Brad was just sure of it. He was drawn to his beloved like a moth to a flame. He paused to listen, at first hearing nothing but the dripping of the rain water from the trees, although there was a background rumble that he didn't recognize, damped by the mist as it was. Then:

"It's my fault."

Brad would know that voice, and that tone, anywhere, even with it muted by the damp earth. "Lillith!" he shouted. "No, it's okay! I'm coming! I ..."

But before he could complete the sentence, let along go running toward the next meadow, Eli, Tim and Desiree burst into this clearing ... and it didn't take Brad five seconds to realize that something had gone wrong. For all the world, it looked like the two men were going to kill each other ... and the noises behind them were getting louder, and fiercer, too.

But what to do? He was unarmed, and he wouldn't want to get between the two men in fighting moods. He quickly took inventory of his spellcraft, found nothing that would help. If only I could cast that Binding, like Rose can! She has so many spells ...

He stopped short. There was one thing ...

"LUMINOSITA'S VISAGE!!"

The scowling face of the Veracian ghod appeared in midair between the two angry men.

And the mist dissipated, and with it the noise of whatever angry thing had been following them. [OOC: Don't read cause-and-effect into this. Alberich had already made the mist and pursuit noise go away. :ugeek: Coincidences happen....]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

"It's my fault."

Sobbing, face buried in the soil, Lillith did not hear the approach. She didn't hear anything until the creature loomed over her.

"I've heard of Sad Girl in Snow, but Sad Girl in Soil? But hey, I can work with this! Strip down, dump a couple buckets of water over ya to make it muddy, roll around, a nice smile... you may be on to something, Weepy!"

Lillith slowly raised her head.

Harker smirked back.

"What can I say? I'm good at findin' people. Here," Harker handed her a handkerchief. "Don't worry, it's clean. Now, you gonna woman up already? Or you gonna sob like a little girl all day? 'Cuz if you got so much as a single drop of the Boss' blood in you, YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS." Harker's face bore an expression Lillith had never seen before. It was stern, and knowing. And expectant.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"H...Harker? What are... you..."

Lillith rolled over and sat up, sniffling. She took the handkerchief and dabbed her eyes with it. Red eyed contemplated Harker as she dropped her hands into her muddy lap.

"I'm not better than anything. I keep messing up, and I get so angry, and then everything goes wrong."
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Harker shrugged. "So what? I'm a perverted anthropomorphic beaver physically incapable of personally sampling my works. Which is good actually, because that is decidedly NOT one of my kinks." He plopped down next to Lillith. "So messing up, angry, and stuff going wrong?" Harker ticked off on his fingers as he listed these complaints. "Let's deal with'em one at a time."

Harker stretched a paw onto Lillith's shoulder in a strangely companionable gesture. "People get angry, Lil'. It's a natural emotion, and just part of who we are. If you think you got a temper... well, you came by it honestly, I'll tell you that much." Harker chuckled at this. "But there ain't nothing wrong with it. And if it bugs you... ask why you got mad. And if it bugs you that bad... try talking it out with the person. Might surprise you." He shrugged. "But if they're being dicks, just go ahead and whomp 'em. 'S the only way some people learn."

Harker looked at her closely. "As for messing up and things going wrong... shit happens, sweetheart, whether you like it or not. And it'll happen all through yer life. The question is, are you gonna lie there and take it from behind? Or are gonna... for instance... stand up, dust off your boobs, and keep goin'? 'Cause I know what I did. And what yer father DIDN'T, for a helluva long time. Look what it did to him. And look what happened when he finally started goin' again."

Harker stood up and leaned in, nose-to-nose with Lillith. "Yer better than you think you are. So stand up." A pause. "And strip, I wanna take pictures, 'kay?"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Perverted abomination," Lillith muttered. She picked up the handkerchief and wiped her face, then attempted to clean her blouse a bit. The effort was more or less a lost cause.

"I guess it's just..." She shook her head. She still felt pretty miserable about what had happened, but Harker had forced her to remember she hardly had the monopoly on hardship. Trying to shake herself loose, she tore her thoughts away from her own past and tried to think about others. "I guess it would have been hard. He lost everything, didn't he? Father, I mean."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Monster. Chasing us. Think it used to be a troll."

Eli paused long enough in his glaring at Brother Tim to acknowledge what Desiree had said. It was hard. The blood pounding in his eardrums was screaming at him to step forward and gut the Brother like a fish and damn the consequences.

The apparition suddenly appearing between him and the holy man fortunately provided a distraction that drew the half-elf's attention from what would've been been a fight to first blood or worse. For a moment Eli only stood, agape, staring at the Ghod. (OOC what's a Ghod btw?/OOC)

Unthinking, the Snamish native pointed his free hand at the floating monstrosity and channeled a jet of flame, aiming right between it's eyes.

OOC Retconned. I guess a confrontation'll have to wait for another time./OOC
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on November 16th, 2011, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.