The road to Getsemiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: The road to Getsemiel

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: So Eli isn't even going to notice that there's an angry Veracian ghod between him and Tim, and looking seriously PO'd? :?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Fixed. :geek: /OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Brad flinched at the gout of magical flame roaring through Luminosita's Visage. It didn't do any direct damage, of course; there was nothing physical in the Visage to damage, and it looked like the flames were ranging out before they got to Brother Tim, not to mention the (flammable) forest in the background. However, his concentration on the spell was quite understandably disrupted, and the Visage vanished with a pop.

Well, so much for that idea ... so what now?
He started summoning magic for a plain old Barrier spell, although he didn't reckon it would keep these two separated for very long.

-------------

[OOC: Gonna put just a few words in Maduin's mouth here, for the sake of keeping things at least approximately synchronized... /OOC:]

"A very good question, Sister," Maduin replied to Sister Rose's question. His face took on an expression of indignation. "What I would like to know, more than anything else, is why the image maker chose this particular view angle. Look at it carefully; the aesthetics are just very, very bad. Poor lighting, poor composition, and surely they could have chosen a more flattering pose, don't you think?"

I wish he'd take this a bit more seriously, Rose thought with some exasperation. "Well, probably they had to work with the view angle they had," she answered, taking the question a bit more seriously than she really thought it deserved to be. "This was a 'candid' shot, to use a euphemism. They almost certainly didn't want you, or us, to know that it was being taken. It looks almost as if whoever made the image was doing it so Blaise would be able to pick you out of the crowd that was arriving in Umbertiel. But why? In particular, why would he want to question you, rather than Bryce, who knew Indianel and had been at the dig for a long time? It just doesn't make sense."

She extracted the portrait again from her robes and squinted, not at the main subject but at the background. "I wish we could at least figure out exactly where this was, and who took it," she said. "If we could, we might be able to --"

She didn't finish her sentence, however, because of the FOOOSSSHHH of Eli's Flame Jet echoing through the forest.

"Uh, oh," Rose said. "That doesn't sound good." She started to pick her way through the trees in the direction of the sound.

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

The glowing old man vanishes. That's good - he was rather disturbing.

At that moment, Brother Tim attacks Eli. They fight.

"Are you two insane?!" I demand. They pause and I take the opportunity to grab Eli and shake him.

"Eli, would I lie about this?" I ask him. "To you? Nothing happened." Apart from a copped feel, but I'd hardly begrudge Tim that considering he saved my life.

"I distracted the monster and Brother Timothy caried me," I explain. "If we've lost it, then trust me, that's a good thing. Now we need to concentrate on finding Lillith before that things finds her first."

-- Desiree

OOC: Edited to accomidate.
Last edited by Drusia on November 16th, 2011, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Eli drew his wild gaze from Brother Eli with visible effort. His reply to Desiree was flat, curt, empty of emotion.

"Fine... let's get out of here." He pulled away from the Priestess and marched back to the path which Brad had entered through without a backward glance. His shoulders hunched like a stone gargoyle.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Tim was angry enough at Eli's "superior" ways - but when the Face of Luminosita appeared and he attacked it - a deliberate blasphemy - that simply tore it. Throwing off Desiree's robe with a snarl, he stepped forward to meet the half-elf's attack and steel rang on steel. They circled and struck, and struck again. In moments, both were wounded.

Desiree circled until she had a chance to grab Eli. Tim stepped back, his blade still up - he didn't trust the half-elf not to attack again, but he wasn't going to keep attacking while she was holding him. She spoke; he waited; blood flowed. Eli stopped, so Tim must stop. Still breathing hard and white-faced, he cleaned his blade and sheathed it,

Passing his hands over his own wounds, he healed them easily. Eli was already going. Tim looked to Brad for the next move. "Which way?" - to Lillith, he meant.

[OOC: The mutual wounding is by mutual agreement with Jack.]
Last edited by Alberich on November 16th, 2011, 9:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Things just went sorta ... pear-shaped. Presumably posts crossed in a time warp. How about suppose you work it out and post what results? I'll delete this when things are orderly again.

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: I think it fits together as it is - Brad summons the Face, Eli blasts it and it disappears, Tim and Eli start to fight and hurt each other, Desiree grabs Eli and Tim holds off, Eli agrees to stop fighting and storms off, Tim heals himself and asks Brad "which way?" I've read many other posts where someone's responding to more than one line in previous posts and it seems to work like that.]
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

"Every last thing," Harker agreed with Lillith. "Even people he had trusted turned on him, albeit out of social necessity in some cases. It was a bad scene. But yeah... I figure everyone in our merry crew knows what it's like to have it rough."
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Fine... let's get out of here." He pulled away from the Priestess and marched back to the path which Brad had entered through without a backward glance. His shoulders hunched like a stone gargoyle.

"You're bleeding!" I protest, following him. "Stop walking so I can heal you!"

He doesn't stop. Perforce, I follow.

"What's the matter with you?" I ask, upset, "Why would you even care? It is just because you don't like him? Or is it..." I trail off, my eyes widening.

I run forward and put a firm hand on his shoulder, stoping his movement.

"Eli... do you have... feelings for me?" I ask. I'm afraid of the answer, but it seems that blissful ignorance is no longer an option.

-- Desiree