Getsemiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Getsemiel

Post by Graybeard »

"Well, then, let's." Sister Rose quietly turned to Argus' back (exposing a bit of unintended flesh as a result of stretching to reach him, but she really didn't care about that any more), tentatively probing his shoulder with a touch that was half that of a skilled healer, which she was, and half that of a friend -- or was it lover? She wasn't sure about that part, not yet.

A quiet, satisfied smile spread over her face as she could feel the tension in the shoulder ebbing away. That was good ... very good. But alas, the calcification was there, she could also feel it now. The combination of dextrous fingers and a bit of healing magic flowing from them was telling her all she needed to know. I can't repair this, dammit. Isolate it, maybe, so it doesn't spread as fast as it might, and certainly soothe the tissues around it, but the calcification itself is simply beyond me. I'm not sure there's a healer in all of Veracia who could fix this thing.

So we'll have to look for one who's not in Veracia ... because I don't want to lose this man.

She quietly soothed stressed muscles, calmed skittish nerves, extended the massage as close to the core of his being as she could manage ... and to her own as well. "You know, I could get used to this," she murmured, just loud enough for Argus to hear -- maybe.

---------------

Puzzlement spread across Brad's face for a moment, then enlightenment dawned. "Oh, wow ... the colors ... I can see them too," he breathed. "Sweetheart, I want to be one with -- you and the waters, too ..."

He took a deep breath and ducked his head beneath the surface, blowing bubbles of his own and watching with fascination as they merged with those blown by his love.

An observer might have noticed that his head was under water for rather a long time.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus sighed in reponse, feeling the tension ebb out of him. "Me, too," he murmured.

Well, let's be honest here, Argus thought to himself.

He was damned attracted to Rose. No denying it. And all of his reasons for hiding from it had long since evaporated. Furthermore, Rose was giving him what could only be interpreted as "GO" signals. Not to mention the fact that everyone else was very open about wondering why the hell they hadn't hooked up yet.

Well, there were a couple of reasons, both of which Argus would like to resolve. Firstly, he suspected that Rose needed to set some ghosts to rest, which he fully understood. Secondly, they needed to have a long talk... about a lot of things, regarding being Tsuirakuan and Veracian. For starters.

But right now, Argus was just going to lean back and enjoy this peaceful sensation.

...Was Brad drowning?

"Um, is Brad drowning?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Oh, my," Sister Rose said, her attention diverted for the moment. The stream of bubbles emanating from where Brad had submerged had grown ominously silent. "Excuse me."

She stood (exposing yet more of herself than before, not that anyone seemed to notice except possibly Argus) and waded over to where Brad had gone down. Bending, she reached into the water. Moments later, Brad's head emerged, smile still in place and eyes still bloodshot, if bulging a bit from anoxia.

"Oh, man, that was awesome!" he said, as soon as he had expelled enough water to be able to speak again. Exactly what it was that was so "awesome" was left unsaid, although Lillith's own beatific smile offered several possibilities.

Rose rolled her eyes and returned to Argus' side, or more accurately, his back. "Now where were we?" The rub extended to the other shoulder, and the smile returned to her face.

Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"You know," Maduin said thoughtfully, "I really think the best thing would be to let me have a nice long chat with this woman so we can sort out this little misunderstanding."

Perhaps it didn't have the open, airy feeling of the out-door baths that they'd seen in use, but this indoor bath was still generously sized, and also a great deal more private. The novice who'd shown them the way hadn't looked askance at two men sharing the same bath (though in his "elevated" state he probably wouldn't have looked askance at much of anything). Doubtless the clergy held discussions of significance in these chambers all the time. Still, a few subtle charms would give any others wishing to make use of this particular room cause to recall that another was in better repair and more desireable, and subsequently select that bath. Evesdroppers would find it impossible to hear anything of consequence and quickly become bored, forgetting anything except that whatever they'd heard had been utterly forgettable and thus utterly forgotten.

Granted there was no dial to turn bubbles on and off like in Tsuiraku or change the colors, and no complementary oils and bath salts, but in light of what he'd seen in Veracia so far, Maduin was quite willing to make the comparison of comfort in this case and award appropriate recognition. It was even odds as to how he'd react if he was aware that Rose and Argus were currently involved in a similar activity.

Bryce sat naked between his legs, the massive tiled basin large enough that he could stretch out his long frame and still have room to spare, Maduin's practiced hands working his lover's tense shoulder and back muscles with trained skill. The Tsuirakuan sat on the edge of the bath, wrapped in a simple white robe printed with tigerlillies.

"I don't like-" Bryce let out a soft hiss as Maduin's knowing fingers smoothed out a tight knot. "I don't like this. Something feels really off here. That woman is just the tip of the iceberg."

"Perhaps something else simply caught her attention, and that's why she left off pursuit," Maduin suggested, unaware of just how right (and wrong) he was. "There's no point in worrying over this now. I'll deal with her once we've finally met." He leaned down and pressed a light kiss to the edge of Bryce's ear.

Bryce frowned. "You're not taking this very seriously."

"Appropriate attitudes for appropriate times. Stop worrying. It'll be fine. I promise." Maduin's tone was both teasing and reassuring.

Bryce let out a long, slow sigh. Then he turned, wrapped his arms around Maduin, gave him a long, hard kiss, and pulled him all the way into the bath with a smoldering gaze and a wicked grin, taking his advice to heart.

In a rather different part of Getsemiel, Royce had divested himself of his burden in a debris-laden alleyway, leaving the strange, too-curious woman unconscious, removing weapons and shoes, with just her clothes and a few coins in her pocket. She wouldn't wake for hours yet, if she ever woke, and by then they'd be gone.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Tim had no interest in the communal bathing everyone else was enjoying. A dip in a stream outdoors, with a maybe-possibility of being spied on, that was one thing. This was far too blatant to be either innocent or alluring. He hadn't really gotten dirty (not by his standards, anyway) since the previous day's cleansing spell. He remained in the sanctuary, idly looking over the iconic figures in the brightly-decorated Californican temple. The colors were definitely more vivid, but to his mind the furnishings were far less rich than those favored by the Orthodox.

He engaged one of their priests in conversation, to learn rather than debate, and he learned little more than Rose had already gathered. These priests knew, as he did, that the upper echelons of the Orthodox clergy prized their ability to experience the God directly, to touch him and connect with him. And this, it was said, was a greater and more profound pleasure than the conjugal relations between man and woman, which they must forego to get that far. Exactly how someone knew it was so much better was a question he had never considered.

Anyway, apparently, these Californicans' founders used their herbs and other sacraments to try to achieve the same feeling, and to share it with all the parishioners. The three figures on the wall were the Holy Jester, the Burner of Incense, and the Ceremonialist at the Turning of the Days. While their ideas had been written down, Tim doubted they were very readable - they prized their individual experiences the most. They liked riddles and stories, but seemed to use them to affect their own frames of mind rather than to set down, in plain language, what was and wasn't true about sacraments, sin, and souls. (Plain language wasn't their strong suit.)

Vaguely, Tim remembered hearing that written doctrines were required for an Unorthodox sect to be tolerated. If their commentaries were written, they could be examined, and their dangerousness evaluated. Some of the truly heretical sects, like the Druvisians, had tried to hide their doctrines by keeping them secret and transmitting them through word-of-mouth only. The Veracian Church was very suspicious of oral sects.

Whatever might be said against them, these Californicans seemed like the opposite of "dangerous." They would certainly be of no magical help if Blaise's strange haunter attacked, and he doubted they'd be much good in a hand-to-hand fight either. They'd need to be protected. And he devoutly hoped that Maduin's enemies (doubtless legion) wouldn't arrive as a third force at the wrong time, like an ancient duke showing up for a battle, and deciding halfway through whether he'd support the king or the usurper.

As for spiritual dangers - well, Tim didn't know how they kept these bathing rituals chaste, but he hoped the half-elves wouldn't turn them to a new use. Eli's plan to keep Desiree's clothes on hadn't exactly worked.

This adventure was awakening in him a new appreciation for the way things were. This heathen Tsuirakuan oughtn't to be walking around Veracia for long, killing whomever he pleased and enjoying Patriarch's protection. Better that he finish whatever his mission was and get out. And the half-elves...well, in truth, they were more likable than his human companions. Eli included, Brad excepted. And they were probably more reliable, too. But their mores simply didn't fit in here. Better that they finish their missions, and depart in friendship. Distant friendship. And Bryce and Brad and Rose should decide their loyalties, where they belonged, and go all in or all out.

He ate some of his bread and cheese, and waited.
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

[OOC]The Veracian Church was very suspicious of oral sects.

I LOL'ed. Very well played, sir! :lol: [/OOC]
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"I'll... pass, if it's all the same to you." Eli tried to relax, finding it difficult under the inquiring gazes of the humans.

"I think I might take a look around town later." He began, more from something to say than anything else. "There must be something useful we can take with us."

Watching Brad's reaction, I slowly take my hand away from the brownie dish. "Maybe I should pass as well," I say to Eli. "These seem rather... strong." Instead I snuggle against Eli and enjoy the warmth.

And the show. Brad... did Brad just...? I tilt my head slightly, watching Lilliths' face. Um, wow. Did not see that coming. So to speak.

This is precicely the sort of thing that a group of young people might get up to in Snamish while swimming, or bathing, or sitting around someone's home after a pleasant meal. If I was back home, I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of embarasment at doing something similar myself.

But I'm not at home. So... I think I'll just sit and watch the show. And maybe grab a brownie for later tonight.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Yes, I could definitely get used to this," Sister Rose purred again, this time a little less mindful as to who might hear it; there were now only two or three people from the temple in the pool, and as for the others in the party ... well. "Hands are getting a little tired, though. I could use a break." She paused in the back rub and converted it into a very discreet -- but also very naked -- hug from behind. "Could I possibly talk you into returning the favor for a minute or two? Just the tiniest bit of tightness in my shoulders and neck here ..."

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

"Yeah, sure..." Argus sighed in contentment. Well, why the hell not? After all he was feeling pretty mellow right now, whether he'd partaken of the local rites or not. And what man could resist such an offer?

This was how Argus found himself giving a naked Rose a massage.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Mmmmmm ... that's heaven," Sister Rose purred again, quite a few highly satisfied minutes later. "I wish we could stay like this for a very long time." Whether the "this" included nudity, or merely the sensual comforts of a shared massage, was left open. In any event, the declaration caught the attention of one of the few Calfornicans left in the pool.

"Uh, like, miss?" the man said. "It's, like, totally a bad idea to stay in here for too long at a time. Totally bad for the heart, they say."

A mild pout formed on Rose's face. "Is that so? Well, if we must. I do suppose we'd better get on with what we came here for. Eli, Desiree, Lillith, Brad, you too, all good things must end..." She reached behind her to give Argus' waiting hand a gentle squeeze, then climbed out of the pool toward a towel and her clothes, not particularly caring whether anyone's eyes were on her or not.

Later, Rose would recall that the last time she'd been here, a very comparable massage had ended, less than three days later, in the death of the man who'd administered it ... but mercifully, her mind was on other things for now. Things that included the man who'd administered this one.