Port Lorrel: The search for Jun Oshima

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Port Lorrel: The search for Jun Oshima

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"No, no! Missed a 'nyah'!" Tamina explained to a patron who was swaying on his feet with an expression somewhere between curiosity and confusion on his face.

"Whose Mister Nyah?"

"Missed. A. Nyah." Tamina slurred. She'd forgotten precisely why she was having this conversation but, then again, things had been getting sketchy since drink number six. The kobold was learning a great deal of human's obsession with alcohol and their erratic behavior under its influence. Mainly being fighting, playing 'pin finger', playing musical instruments badly and passing out in puddles of their own sick.

Since they'd entered the decidedly more run-down looking of the pubs that Ester had to offer she'd seen a parade of weird characters. If she'd heard the term 'adventurer types' the kobold would've seized upon it, but to her the place looked like a travelling circus. She was currently engaged in discussion with one such individual.

"Where'd you hear this song anyway?"

"Old tribal song. Elder taught it to me."

"Fascinating. What's it for?"

"Celebrates breaking of a storm." The kobold replied. "Beckons in the rainbow after."

OOC Nyan cat; origin explained. :catgirl: /OOC
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jamie and Jasmine had retrieved Nera in short order, and Grandmother and Granddaughter had made a splendid reunion of it, babbling and making baby noises and cooings at one another until Jamie was fit to pull her hair out. Finally satisfied, the two had been convinced to head back towards the tavern.

Stepping through the doors, the trio quickly determined that the other two had managed to not be there.

"Crap," Jamie muttered.

"Cwap-p-p-p-p-phhhh." Nera agreed.

*WHACK*

"OW! MOOOOooooOOOOOM!" Jamie rubbed the back of her head.

"Your daughter's first word is 'crap'?" Jasmine glared at Jamie.

"Cwa-p-p-p-p-phhh!"

"Can we worry more about the fact some flamboyant fop has wandered off with my girlfriend than the fact she has a more advanced vocabulary than others her age?"

"She's not your girlfriend, he's not a fop, and Nera's... quite advanced, as befits my granddaughter. Right dear?" Jasmine smiled at Nera.

"Cwap-p-p-p-p!"

*WHACK!*

"OW!"

"Come on, let's go find your cat girl."

"KOBOLD!" shouted the bar.

"Right."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Want to skip back to the Port? Get the search underway?/OOC
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Suits me! I love the kobold lore and I really can't top it. btw, Nera has previously made a brave effort at speaking the word "kobold" so "crap" is a distant second.]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK to skip ahead to the port, if you don't mind treating Keyes and Blaise as a ship passing in the night, so to speak. They were just hung out there for your use if you wanted to use them, but it's hardly a necessity, either for developments here, or for the connections back to the Veracia threads. I'll try to stay current enough on what's happening here to have Jun Oshima, and those pointing the way to him, do interesting things, anyway.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC I WAS planning to interact with them. Aren't they going to be in Port Lorrel?/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC (we've got to get back to the story eventually :mrgreen: , but...):
Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC I WAS planning to interact with them. Aren't they going to be in Port Lorrel?/OOC
Well, they made landfall at a cove outside a village north of Lorrel, rather than in Lorrel itself. Keyes and his employer don't like having that boat seen in large cities. The village could be the one where all the fun and games have been happening, or one on the way back to Lorrel, but it's definitely not Lorrel itself.

Anyway, if Jamie, Tamina, etc., don't interact with them, it's not a big deal at all. Tell me what you want to do, and I'll manipulate the two world travelers to fit.

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Them arriving in Ester before the night is over would probably be the easiest way to having a passing interaction. Does Jamie know any of those characters? If not, a drunk kobold is always a great icebreaker!/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC Them arriving in Ester before the night is over would probably be the easiest way to having a passing interaction. Does Jamie know any of those characters? If not, a drunk kobold is always a great icebreaker!/OOC
Yes, Jamie met Keyes a long time ago. She definitely wouldn't know the guy with him. So up to you three. (Note that an encounter with Keyes would cast in concrete the disappearance of that ship from the Veracia threads, but frankly, that was going to happen anyway...)

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC I'll write something up tomorrow, been busy with work all week. :cry: /OOC