Port Lorrel: The search for Jun Oshima

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Port Lorrel: The search for Jun Oshima

Post by Graybeard »

"Got a problem," Keyes announced to his mysterious, rather disagreeable passenger. "It look like de localt got into our puel dump. A lot of tuff hat been tolen. Dere'd not enup puel dere to get ut to Kiyoka. We're going to hap to pend de night here."

Father Blaise glared at the half elf. It wasn't enough that he was all but impossible to understand; no, he had to be incompetent too. "And what, precisely, do you propose to do about this ... unfortunate ... situation?" he asked, barely keeping his temper in check; if he killed the man in his tracks, after all, he couldn't make it to Kiyoka. (It never occurred to him that an attempt to use any of his various bits of nastiness on Keyes might have ... consequences other than what he hoped for, but in the event, it didn't matter.)

"I tent a metage back to Miter Tagpoole," Keyes answered, "and he tayt he'll get tomebody out prom Port Lorrel tomorrow wit tome puel. Hid wipe id prom dere." He wasn't going to give this man any more information about Elke or the Eisenfaust than that. (Of course, Blaise knew just about everything there was to know about Elke, but Keyes, to his literally eternal benefit, had no way to know that.) "Por now, I tugget you pend de night on de boat. It well hidden, nobody id going to pot it, and ip dey do, dere are ... depentet. I'm going to go into town por de night and make arrandement to pick up de puel dere tomorrow, to de people bringing it don't tee de boat." Without waiting for a reply from the disagreeable priest (who was cursing Keyes under his breath in at least five different languages), he hopped onto the jetty and headed inland for Ester.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina's eyes brightened when she saw Jaime enter the bar. The kobold ran over to embrace the mercenary, but stopped short when the figure of Jasmine came into view. She self-consciously coughed into her hand and waved at the returning pair.

"Hi, hi-hi. We're going now? Or tomorrow? Quite feel like riding." She slurred.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

It didn't take long for Keyes to find the man he was looking for. The Eisenfaust operative was in the bar in Ester, as usual, doing nothing obvious except drinking and watching people go by. (The non-obvious part of his job would happen later, after the bar closed down.) Keyes had never seen the man before, but Mr. Stagpoole's description, provided by Elke, had been detailed. He quickly located the man and started to work out arrangements.

Most of the details were well in hand when the Eisenfaust man's attention was diverted. The door to the bar opened and Jamie walked in ... and the man immediately started swearing under his breath.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Unaware of, or ignoring Tamina's caution in the presence of the elder Porter, Jamie walked over to Tamina and swept her into a warm embrace and gave her a peck on the cheek. "I wouldn't mind doing a little riding myself." Behind her Jasmine rolled her eyes.

Then Jamie caught a glimpse of the man over at the bar. Releasing Tamina she strolled over with a grin. "Hey! I know you. Keys, right? Where's the boat?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina, flushing bright red under the withering gaze of Jamie's mother, was relieved at the approach of the lisping sorcerer they'd encountered on the southern continent. She smiled brightly and waved a hello.

"Keyeth!" She said, with a surprisingly good imitation of the man's speech impediment. "Monster man!" She added, remembering the lizard-like creature he'd summoned during the battle for Grendell. "Good to see you!"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The dot-dot-dot meme -- "..." -- was basically invented for what was going through Keyes' head, but he recovered quickly. "Good to tee you, too," he smiled at Tamina, not altogether truthfully; rather far from it, in fact. Very far from it. Mr. Stagpoole had made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that Keyes was supposed to avoid contact with clients in situations far removed from where they did their actual business. The last time something like this had come up, the client in question had died suddenly and messily not long thereafter.

But the kobold had been ... a nice person. Mr. Stagpoole didn't deal with too many of those, which meant that Keyes didn't either. He decided to take a chance and turned to Jamie. "De boat id back in Kiyoka." That was even true, at least the boat that he'd conveyed her and that weird, magic-repelling man on, no more than two months earlier even though it seemed an eternity. "I got tome oter butinet in town. Tee you later." He waved cheerfully (an emotion he definitely did not feel) and found the man he was looking for ... who was staring at him wide-eyed. "Let take a walk," he suggested.

The man waited until they were a short distance away from the bar before saying anything, and the tone of his voice when he did speak did not suggest that he was a happy camper. "You know that crazy woman?"

Keyes smiled. "You don't know de hab ob it," he said, rolling his eyes and hoping the subject would go away as they got down to arranging pickup of the fuel ... but it wouldn't, of course.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"I wonder what he's doing here," Jamie mused as Keys stepped out. "I mean, it's not that it matters. We don't have a need for a boat, thankfully. Nor do I feel any particular need to be in Kiyoka any time soon. Of course, there's a chance he may know this June fellow." Jamie snickered. "Isn't June a girl's name?"

Stepping over to Tamina, Jamie jostled the advanced payment she'd been given. "Hey, what's say we find a room for the night. Then we can get to business tomorrow."

"Three rooms," Jasmine commented.

Jamie shot her mother a look. "Two."

"Three."

Just at that moment, Udo lurched over and began petting Tamina. Jamie's eyes narrowed a bit. "Alright, three."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina accepted the petting while her mind tried to run through the mathematics of the sleeping arrangements. A difficult task for her at the best of times.

"Three? Umm... wha' bout Gary and Ne-air, umm, Nearer? Oh! The wagon man took a room 'ready at the other place!" A thought struck her at the same Udo's hand came down for another stroke. "Oh! You! Jaime's mum! Could bunk with Oooh-doh! Two rooms! Save money!"

She grinned at the older woman.

OOC Just a query here for Sareth. Does Jaime's mum got it going on?/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC Just a query here for Sareth. Does Jaime's mum got it going on?/OOC
I'm not Sareth, but until he replies, I suggest you read this little vignette from times gone by... :twisted: The "mother of an angry killing machine" is indeed Jasmine, if there was any doubt. (As for who Selvay is, long story, but "harmless but exceedingly horny elf" summarizes it pretty well.) See also here.

Incidentally, Jasmine is almost the exact same age as Sister Rose. Rose, of course, has also got it going on, for a woman in her mid-to-late thirties, but in a much more ... subdued, "proper" way.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Yeah, what he said. Gonna wait and see how Albrecht responds to all this before I do anything. I will say that I approve of Tamina's frugality and clear understanding of good spending habits.[/OOC]