Return to the Southern Continent

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Return to the Southern Continent

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Waiting til Dru puts in./OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Drusia tells me she's inundated with essays to grade, but should come up for air this weekend. Just to move things slightly until she's back:]

"Is everything satisfactory?" Khoo asked the trio uncertainly. The relationships were hard to figure out, particularly for someone who'd grown up in a fishing village on one of the smaller islands of northern Tsuiraku and had never seen a familiar until the recruiter for Sashi Mu came to town. This cat-person -- well, she looked like a familiar, but she was three times the size of any that he'd ever seen, and her speech patterns were ... different. And the way the man at the table was looking at her ...

Outside, the airship noise was growing louder.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: It looks like Khoo may be around for a while, so I've written up a character description for him. Please feel free to look at him and suggest embellishments, raise questions about his past, etc. (Do it in that thread, not this one.)

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Tamina: No breaking fourth wall? A'kay Grey!

Jack: You're doing it right now, sweetheart./OOC

Tamina replied to the matre'd with a sunny smile which was somewhat spoiled by the meat strands sticking out of her teeth.

"S'good! You assisted the fish to deliciousness, n' swoggles still good! Not sure 'bout the humming noise..." Her ears flicked irritably to emphasize the humanoid's point. "You got bee's up there? Big ones? Don't like bees." She said informatively.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

I open my mouth to reassure Tamina that she is quite beautiful, but Udo, gushing a bit, beats me to it. And then he suggests...

"I'm sorry," I say to Udo, "But did you just suggest taking Tamina to a comic store to be oogled? Because, if so, that is a rather round-about way to compliment her beauty." I take a sip of Muscat grape wine.

I don't think I can simply let this go. The man must be teased. "Typically," I inform him, "If I wish to demonstrate to a young lady how beautiful she is, I take her to my bed and show her." There - not only has he been teased, but that may well cause them both to reveal their feelings about certain possibilities. I haven't quite decided how interested I am in either of them - perhaps this will help.

"S'good! You assisted the fish to deliciousness, n' swoggles still good! Not sure 'bout the humming noise..." Her ears flicked irritably to emphasize the humanoid's point. "You got bee's up there? Big ones? Don't like bees." She said informatively.

I blink. Tsuirakushiti is full of strange noises - there's a lot going on. I'd been tuning it out, assuming that there was some sort of magical device on the fritz or an equally mundane explanation. Now - I'm not sure.

"Yes, what is?" I ask the wait-person.

-- Drusia
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Khoo blinked, looked around. The noise was definitely getting louder. "I don't know, ma'am. Probably a sight-seeing airship that --"

He was interrupted by a klaxon, and a thunderous voice echoed through the restaurant. "THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! EVACUATE THE TOWER IMMEDIATELY! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!"

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"AHH!" Tamina exclaimed as the loud klaxon began wailing. She jumped out of her seat with a clatter, the blush from Drusia's suggestive words fading as panic crossed her face about the danger being announced.

"What's going on!? Bad things happening?" She grasped the waiter's shoulders, her eyes wide. "This happened before!?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"This happened before!?"

"I -- I don't know," Khoo answered, a very uncharacteristic look of concern on his face. "I'm sure everything will be all right." Needless to say, nobody at the table needed to have a Truth spell active in order to evaluate that statement. "Follow me, please, to the emergency exit."

However, they didn't get as much as twenty feet before there was a loud crunch from far above them. The floor of the restaurant tilted crazily, giving a far better view of Tsuirakushita below them than anyone had ever wanted to have. Somewhere a woman screamed.

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"But did you just suggest taking Tamina to a comic store to be oogled?

Mere comics? What did he look like, a kid? "Not comics!" he answered hotly, "The finest illustrated thaumo-fic...fuck!" KRUNCH! Any further defense of his favorite literature - for mature audiences only! - would have to wait. As they started to run for the shelter (ah, schooldays, the shelter drills!) the tower started to tilt - and here, at least, was something he could do.

Looping an arm around Tamina, he called out to Drusia - "Grab onto me!" - and lifted his staff. As they'd done in North Goriel, wings of magic force sprang from the top, so that he could leap off the building and glide to the ground. By the time he made it down he might've thought of a way to help catch some other restaurant patrons.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

Crap! What in Senilis's anus was that?

This place isn't safe. I don't think I can teleport two people with me. Udo is a body guard, so I guess that he's the logical choice of people to leave behind. Now I just need to grab her and concentrate -

The floor tilts and - horribly - I'm standing in Malacia. I'm a child. And the ground is tilting. Everyone around me is screaming, and I'm being pulled along, running, running --

Looping an arm around Tamina, he called out to Drusia - "Grab onto me!" - and lifted his staff. As they'd done in North Goriel, wings of magic force sprang from the top, so that he could leap off the building and glide to the ground. By the time he made it down he might've thought of a way to help catch some other restaurant patrons.

An arm - Udo's arm - is around me. He's the one pulling me. I blink, shivering, and look wildly around, convinced for a moment that Tsuirakushiti is falling.

It's not.

I choke back terror. Tsuiraku isn't falling. It's not. Look, see, it's fine. The tower isn't. And if Udo hadn't saved us... I'd be in there now, flashing back to the fall of Malacia.

"... thank you," I gasp softly to Udo.

-- Drusia