Kiyoka, Douaga and beyond

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Kiyoka, Douaga and beyond

Post by Graybeard »

An uncharacteristic frown crossed Therese's calm, placid face.

"I think there are similarities between your church and our own practices," she said. "And I do not understand your decision. If one of the Sisterhood was taken, as this young priest of your church has been, we would face the fires of Hell to get her back." Unless we had to disavow all knowledge of her to keep the Sisterhood itself safe from attack ... but that doesn't apply here. "This man that you are going to search for, instead of your priest -- he is not one of yours, and he never will be. Do your own brothers in your church mean so little to you, that you abandon him for such a one?"

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Tim shook his head. "It's Brother Dalton's body that's in danger, and maybe dead. Not his soul," said he. "I know him. His faith is strong and he is just. In the end, he's as safe as any man can be." Unlike me, just now. "This other, by contrast...where he'll end up if no one helps him, it scarce bears thinking about." And given what I have to expose myself to to stand by him - I just might get to learn it firsthand. The ultimate damnation!

"Besides, there's not much I can find in Douaga that Rose, you, and Argus can't" - his views wouldn't let him add Desiree to that list, or think of how she'd go about finding anything but trouble. "But this - I may be the only man alive who can do it." They were not too far from the portal. "Wish me luck?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Therese's frown deepened. This just didn't sound right. On the other hand, the young man seemed dead set on pursuing this other errand, whatever it was. She stood studying him for a long minute before replying.

"Very well," she said. "It is not mine to tell you the priorities of your church. Although --" she cocked an eye at Tim -- "everything that I have heard of your experiences in Lorrel leaves me wondering just what your church truly thinks about events there. But no matter, it's your church, not mine."

She shook her head, continued. "I'll inform Rose. As you wish: good luck. And although you don't believe in them, may the Five Great Mothers watch over you as well." She turned to go back to the Happy Wanderer.

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

OOC: Crap, sorry everyone. Been busy and have had trouble keeping up with the thread.

I'm really sad that, after finally getting to dance, I wasn't here to have Desiree DO anything with it. She was planning to ask Therese for a dance, but I seem to have missed my window. I feel like I just wasted a lot of time and effort.

As for Douaga... yeah, sure, that's fine. Fun vacation time isn't working out anyway.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Drusia wrote:OOC: Crap, sorry everyone. Been busy and have had trouble keeping up with the thread.

I'm really sad that, after finally getting to dance, I wasn't here to have Desiree DO anything with it. She was planning to ask Therese for a dance, but I seem to have missed my window. I feel like I just wasted a lot of time and effort.

As for Douaga... yeah, sure, that's fine. Fun vacation time isn't working out anyway.
Oh, don't let that stop you. :twisted: Who knows what fun and games Desiree could have brought back from the Leaping Lizard? There's a reason why Therese was keeping a discreet distance from Desiree's room afterward, after all. ;)

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

OOC: A brief aside in Background noise. Feel free to continue.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, so to advance slowly in the morning, while events of the dance are played out in Background Noise:]

It was reassuring, Sister Rose thought as she slipped out of bed and dressed, the way she and Argus had already adapted to each other's sleep habits. The man was still snoring peacefully as she prepared for the morning prayers, just as she wanted him to be; she could not, would not ask him to change his own religious preferences (or lack of them, such as they were) to fit her own, and he was a bit older than she was, so why not let him get a little extra sleep? She'd be back soon enough ... maybe even in time for a little more cuddling before everyone started the day.

She started to tap softly on the door to Tim's room, but listened first to make sure she wasn't interrupting deep, snoring sleep; he too should be allowed to sleep if body and soul required it, never mind the Orthodox liturgical calendar that asked for more. However, she couldn't hear any signs of occupancy at all, nor did he respond when she did tap on the door. Most likely he'd gone over to the temple for Matins already. He was a devout young man, and that that seemed like the kind of thing he'd do. Well, let him. She started out toward the inn's attractive little garden for her meditation and "OH!"

She'd been so lost in her own thoughts that she'd just about tripped over Harker. She mumbled a red-faced apology and started back on her way ... but then it dawned on her that the familiar wasn't just crumpled in a sleeping heap on the path, he'd been awake and waiting for her. For something.

"All right, Harker, good morning. Now what is it? Give."

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Um... I really got nothing, GB. If you want to put something in Harker's mouth, go ahead, but I'm really not getting the cue.)
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Drannin wrote:(OOC: Um... I really got nothing, GB. If you want to put something in Harker's mouth, go ahead, but I'm really not getting the cue.)
Well, the idea was first to let Harker give Rose his, um, unique spin on what he saw happen between Tim (who's not there) and Therese (who's still asleep). But then just go wherever you want to. Harker's uninhibited ways allow him to say things that Argus would never dream of saying.

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Oh)

Harker shrugged. "Might wanna talk with Therese this morning. I saw her having a chat with Tim about something and it looked petty serious. I ruled out a proposition for steamy love-making 'cuz, well, Tim, but there's something else going on there. Woulda followed him but I was, uh... distracted. Y'know." Best not to mention how he'd spent last night. Especially not to the boss.