Kiyoka, Douaga and beyond

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: Kiyoka, Douaga and beyond

Post by Alberich »

Anfisa agreed. "Who could?" she said. "He's so stupid. Uptight, too. Well with any luck, he won't be able to catch up with us at all, and we won't end up tripping over him all the time while he sucks his thumb and whines. Well, if we're not leaving 'til tomorrow, I guess that leaves us one more day in this lovely town. It's much prettier than the last one, don't you think? I bet we can find something more interesting than war memorials or churches around here..."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The unkempt-looking man emerged from the shadows and fixed a wild-looking eye on Sister Rose and Argus.

"You! You go to Goriel..." he said in very broken Tsuirakuan, pointing a finger at the pair.

"<Uh, oh,>" Rose thought at Argus. <"I don't like the sound of this. Get ready to get back in the lord-and-husband role and try to settle him down."> For herself, she took half a step backward, which the man would probably notice ... and relaxed into a combat-ready posture, which hopefully he would not.

------------

OOC: Retcon in progress concerning Therese's actions, in view of the simultaneous posts, Desiree's actions, and Drusia's request. (That's going to turn out to be far more interesting than what was coming to the trio by way of the guy from Goriel, so I'll be happy to make the change.) This may take a little while; look for something later today.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

Anfisa agreed. "Who could?" she said. "He's so stupid. Uptight, too. Well with any luck, he won't be able to catch up with us at all, and we won't end up tripping over him all the time while he sucks his thumb and whines. Well, if we're not leaving 'til tomorrow, I guess that leaves us one more day in this lovely town. It's much prettier than the last one, don't you think? I bet we can find something more interesting than war memorials or churches around here..."

I blink in surprise. I mean, Tim irritates me too, but she's speaking so cruely about him.

"Tim, he's... not that bad," I say lamely. "I mean, he saved my life once. And he tried to help Eli when Eli started to..." I turn away from her.

Tim pisses me off so much, but... he's a good person. Deluded maybe, but kind too, in his strange way. Hearing Anfisa say such awful things about him makes me want to defend him.

"He's not a child," I add, upset by her thumb-sucking comment. "He's trying to help Eli."

Ugh, this all seems weirdly familiar. It wasn't that long that Eli was acting all angry and weird too. Now Anfisa...

Is it me? It seems like everyone I care for lately starts turning cruel and possessive. Anfisa was being mean to Therese last night, and now she's insulting Tim for trying to help Eli. Why does this keep happening to me?

"I... excuse me," I stammer, pushing past Therese as I run out of the room. I'm not even sure where I'm going, really - downstairs to breakfast? What I really want is some privacy to think - or maybe cry, I'm not sure yet - but where am I going to go? I end up standing by the stairs, not knowing what to do next.

-- Desiree

OOC: Erp, minor simultanious post conflict. Graybeard, could you edit since not much really happened in your post anyway? Desiree has some very conflictory feelings about Tim, and all this talk about Eli has her rather upset anyway. Also, if Anfisa was working on Desiree's hair, then Desiree has finished dressing - she only wears a slip on dress most of the time. She may, however, be bare foot.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, so Therese didn't organize the shopping expedition ... but this is better. And I can take a hint...]

Well, so much for laying in supplies, thought Therese. The interpersonal relationships here are a little more ... complicated than I realized.

Which didn't keep her from continuing to harbor certain complicated relationship thoughts of her own, of course.

What do I do now? she wondered momentarily, but then she noticed that Desiree's shoes lay on the floor, where she'd apparently been about to put them on. "Excuse me," she said to Anfisa -- she didn't really want to say anything more, here and now -- and reached down to pick them up. Desiree wouldn't have gone far without them, she reckoned.

It only took a minute to establish that she was right, as the half elf was standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking -- well, Therese wasn't exactly sure what emotions were playing across her face (I wish I had Rose's Empathy magic, she thought), but pain was clearly among them. That was enough.

"Here," she said gently, extending the shoes to Desiree. "You'll want these."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Excuse me."

"Excuse me" the drip on Jurana's penis! Anfisa was not about to let Therese just waltz out with the shoes and cozy up to Desiree while she stood behind and let it happen. Her leg twitched with the itch to trip the other woman -- but Therese was moving too deliberately to make that practical. Had she been running, she might've taken a spill while Anfisa looked at the ceiling and showed surprise at the noise.

Had Therese gone empty-handed, she'd have held her back, or talked about staying away, but the shoes were an obvious ploy. With a better knowledge of Desiree's wardrobe, Anfisa snatched up a sash that would go well with the dress she was wearing and shimmered along beside Therese, not letting her get so much as a step ahead. She gave lateral looks that were far from warm.

"Here," she said gently, extending the shoes to Desiree. "You'll want these."

"And this," said Anfisa, slipping around behind Desiree to tie the sash around her. She suspected her lover wanted to be alone, and it would hurt, but she would go if it seemed she wanted her to go, as she supposed she did; but she had better get going at the same time she did! Did she make herself absolutely clear to herself? Yes, she thought she did.

[OOC: If the sash doesn't work, substitute hair ribbons or anything else that Desiree isn't wearing but would feel better wearing on top of what she has already got on; Anfisa would know that better than I do.]
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Someone comes up behind me.

"Here," Therese said gently, extending the shoes to Desiree. "You'll want these."

"Than--"

"And this," said Anfisa, slipping around behind Desiree to tie the sash around her.

"--ks." I flinch away from Anfisa's attentive touch. She's doing it again.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, turning to her. "Why do you think you have to... to do that? You're acting like him." Well, without the burning people alive. Yet. Probably for the best that she can't use magic.

-- Desiree
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"He did that?" said Anfisa, genuinely surprised. "That was nice of him. He should've shown he cared more like that," -- in fact, Anfisa hadn't understood who Desiree meant by "him" and was picturing Tim in full Veracian vestments attending to Desiree and helping her get fully dressed...but she didn't run further down that path.

"I mean, you weren't completely dressed, and we just couldn't leave you out in the street like that, not looking your best or cutting your feet on something, and without us there to carry you if you do, it hurts and you have a lovely walk" -- the tears weren't welling up yet, but there was a trace of them in her voice, as she flitted around to the side where Therese was, just happening to partly obscure Desiree's view of that other - "Are you saying you want to be alone, milove? We can do that, of course we can..."
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus glared at the shabby-looking man coldly. "Explain yourself," he said flatly.
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"He did that?" said Anfisa, genuinely surprised. "That was nice of him. He should've shown he cared more like that,"
"I mean, you weren't completely dressed, and we just couldn't leave you out in the street like that, not looking your best or cutting your feet on something, and without us there to carry you if you do, it hurts and you have a lovely walk"
"Are you saying you want to be alone, milove? We can do that, of course we can..."

"Not... not Tim," I say, shaking my head. "Eli. You're acting like you think I'm going to forget you exist or something. You were so kind in the zenana, but now you're acting like you hate everyone. You've changed. Eli changed too, even before he got the stupid necklace, and I don't want that to happen again."

I'm crying. "Is there something wrong with me?" I ask her and Therese both. "Why does this keep happening to me?"

-- Desiree
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Now you're acting like you hate everyone...Is there something wrong with me? Why does this keep happening to me?"

Anfisa fell on Desiree's neck, her own tears flowing freely too. "No, no, no, no, no..." -- she stroked the other's cheek -- "Not like that at all, silly darling, there's nothing wrong with you, I wouldn't change a hair on your head or a crease on your toe, you're sweet and lovely and skilled and kind, and I don't hate anyone except people who make you cry the way that stupid priest did..."

And people who try to steal you away from me, like this thieving scheming cuckoo right behind me, she didn't say.

"...that's what made me mad at him, that's all, really, love, don't be sad" -- she pulled back and shook a finger, fighting it back -- "now don't - be - sa...sa...aa-aa-aaad" - and she fell on Desiree's neck in tears again.