Kiyoka

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Kiyoka

Post by Sareth »

"Alright, Layla." The big, burly man shifted around, giving a surpising amoung of consideration for the smaller woman. He collected up his bags and walked out the door with a rumbled, "See you there."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Satisfied, Layla watched Oskar lumber toward the road. But where was the cat? Ah, there he(?) was; she could see that a large kettle had been overturned in the kitchen, and a pair of glowing eyes were peering out from under it. The cat was no fool; when all the hardware started flying, flashing and slashing, he'd obviously decided that he didn't want to be shredded, and taken cover.

This led to an interesting speculation: might the cat be the brains of this odd little operation? There'd been rumors about the Tsuirakushitian familiars, but she wasn't sure she believed them. Experimentally, she called, "Here, kitty kitty kitty..."

With surprising alacrity, the cat flipped the heavy pot off itself and answered, "My name is Locke."

Aha. Layla thought a moment, said, "Okay, Rocky, just finish what you're doing there and call it quits for the night. Locke, why don't you come with me and I'll give you a nice saucer of cream? I can't take it with me, and no point wasting it." And, she thought but did not say aloud, I'll add enough brandy to it to loosen your lips a little -- since you obviously do have lips, at least metaphorically speaking. Maybe you can explain what Faye had in mind with this outfit. She turned to go back to her house, with a flutter of wings behind her.

[OOC: Over to you, Jim, and feel entirely free to "borrow" Layla for a line or two...]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Right-o. Let's see how I can work this.)

Within a rather run-down bar, Argus was very, very drunk. This was not unusual. As a matter of fact, it tended to be his default state these days. Which made for endless amounts of entertainment whenever some young thug tried to make trouble with him. Really, young people these days... no knowledge of Rule#1: Thou shall not underestimate old men with an amused gleam in their eye. On the other hand, getting magical on said young thugs was somewhere beyond hilarious. Especially when they started to cry.

In cannot be said that all of this was going through Argus' mind at the moment. As a matter of fact, the contents of his thoughts were, in their entirety: "Burrrrrrrrrrrr...." Not precisely the meaning of life, unless you were a member of some obscure Northern Cult nobody really cared about. Of course, it was those type of cults that always caused problems. Except this one. Probably.

At the moment, Argus was leaning back is his chair, limp and snoring, his mouth slack open. This was his standard "I am a happy sleepy drunk so don't wake me up lest I become an UNHAPPY awake drunk" pose. He was currently dreaming very happy dreams about rivers of fine beer and very attractive (and extremely drunk) mermaids.

At least until the wall exploded.

It likely this that awakened him. Or it was hitting the groung after flying through the air. Or possibly the debris falling on him. Or even a combination thereof. It may even have had something to do with the flying musical instruments and the ...unique... sounds they made while aggressively airborne. Regardless, Argus had suddenly made that magical transition to UNHAPPY awake drunk.

Under the pile of debris, there was a faint murmering and the pile of debris suddenly flew off in all directions. Argus sat up groaning. "What happened?" he muttered, "Springheel Jack rough me up or something?"
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Kureji stepped into the bar... through the hole in the wall, but into the wall nevertheless... and heard someone mention "Springheel Jack". This was a sure sign that her investigation method was obviously working... the band, whether or not they were the band she'd been tipped off to, had lead her to this bar... and in this bar, obviously, was the next step in her plan.

Kureji approached the man, now sitting in the center of a circle of cleared debris, one of the few clean spots (clean, here, being a highly relative term) in the entire bar. "Who are you, and what do you know about Springheel Jack?"
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus heard an irritating squeeking noise and shook his head to clear it. After a moment he realized it wasn't his head but rather someone's irritating voice. A female irritating voice. And if the voice is female and irritating, then logic dictates... He turned his head. Yep. Some irritating girl. Dressed like a moron too. He considered this. Must be from Tsuirakushuiti. Wonderful. I really needed to run into one of those @##!^$% right about now.

Argus started to get up and respond when his brain made a sudden, and vital, connection. Female. Young. Passably attactive. He was still on the ground. She was standing up. Perfection!

A man had to have priorities, after all. And there were iron-clad conventions that had to be followed, no matter how lame and predictable. Besides, it was fun, too!

Argus craned his head to see if there was a skirt he could peek up.

(OOC: What's Kureji's physical description?)
Last edited by Drannin on August 19th, 2008, 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Drannin wrote:(OOC: What's Kureji's physical description?)
OOC: Check this bit of filler art for a sense of what she looked like when she was a bit younger, at least in the main Poe-verse. (Right, V-S?)

Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Layla was up with the sun, as usual, despite the late night. She'd had Zachary in sleeping with her, which was good for both of them and allowed some much-needed cuddling when she awoke in a cold sweat, as had happened more than once. She fed and changed her son and put him back in his crib while she did her morning ablutions.

Rokku, she noticed, was snoring quietly on the couch, with Locke crashed out next to him with his feet sticking up in the air. The brandy-laced cream hadn't really gotten her much more information; maybe she'd used a bit too much brandy, because Locke hadn't remained conscious for long. Wonder what a hungover flying cat feels like, she thought whimsically, then decided she didn't really want to know. Rokku had a few cuts and bruises, and his tunic bore one fairly substantial charred patch, but he seemed to be okay, so she decided to let the two of them sleep.

But where was "Karzhee"? She hadn't made it back to the house during the night. Kiyoka wasn't a particularly rough town, as long as you stayed away from the dives on the south side (where her people had been, she reflected), but still, she had a sense that that girl was a magnet for trouble. Well, not her problem any more, she concluded; time to pack up and get out.

The special suitcase was all ready to go. She wrote a note thanking the Tsuirakuans for their help, couched in such general terms that anyone else who read it would think that they'd just assisted at a dinner party or some such, and left it on the kitchen table. One last thing to do: she found her favorite pistol and stuffed it into a carefully concealed compartment on the baby carrier. That done, she scooped up her son, kissed him and put him into the carrier, and swung the outfit onto her back.

"Well, it's just you and me now, big guy," she told him, as she set out up the road to Kiyoka.

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Head trauma could be a miraculous thing. Imagine, if you will, being blitzed half out of your mind on the floor of some pissant tavern, trying to sneak a peek at some sweet young thing... no, scratch that. Some aggravating young thing. Anyway, say you were trying to fulfill your biological and narrative imperative, when suddenly BOOM! Splitting head pain and bright light shining in your eyes.

The first thing to come to mind is that what you saw was a little slice of heaven, so nice that it caused a brain aneurism and the bright light you saw was either the other side, or an optical illusion caused by parts if your brain dying. In either instance, the sudden transition between two situations can seem almost magical. Then the pain starts to register, you start to remember the details, and the whole experience sours rather quickly.

Argus sat up with a groan. What had happened... Getting drunk, check. Bar exploding... right, that would explain the rubble he was sitting in... and the musical instruments? Never mind. Annoying yet passably attractive mage? Oh. Right.

Argus remembered a high-pitching scream of outrage, and the sudden presence of a large brass horn arcing for his head. He had managed to deflect the blow, but the concussion still sent him reeling into the void. It was a shame. He hadn't even had a chance to see anything.

Argus picked himself up slowly, not sure whether the pain in his head was from alcohol or horn-duced concussion, and not really caring. A healer was rather high on his list of prioritis right now. As he unsteadily walked toward a large opening where the door used to be, he noticed that a spectacular transformation had overcome Kiyoka during the night. It now looked like a devastated war zone, with everything ruined, and stunned refugees picking through the remains.

A step up, really, from what it used to be. But it begged the question: what, or who, had happened here?

Sadly, the answers were not likely to be forthcoming at the bottom of a beer glass. With a sigh, Argus started digging through the rubble for his staff before going to look for a healer. Man, his head hurt.
Last edited by Drannin on August 24th, 2008, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

OOC: Port Lorrel? I thought y'all were in Kiyoka.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

mindstalk wrote:OOC: Port Lorrel? I thought y'all were in Kiyoka.
OOC: I think that's what he meant. Kureji was last seen doing her ... transformational ... thing to the fountain in central Kiyoka, which is where this bar scene is presumably unfolding. Port Lorrel is the other thread.

Typos happen. I screwed up much earlier and attributed a particular action to the Ensigerum when I meant to attribute it to the Gewehr. You wouldn't believe the plot contortions that I'm having to create to fix that one!