Port Lorrel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Port Lorrel

Post by AdamZero »

Marcus looked around, and it was more than obvious that, in this situation, legal rights, law, and judiciary routine we're not going to play any part in the events that would follow shortly after.

Just how Marcus liked it.

"Um....I'm....not the golem you're looking for?" he said with a wave of his hand, not actually using magick. Though the movement caused sparks none the less. "GODS!" He yelped, jumping back, inadvertently knocking into the banister of the stairs and dropping Boris from his perch. The marble skeleton elected to spin on his head while near Lucas' magickal field.

Rather amusing really.

The young boy sighed and just thumbed over his shoulder. "I just finished my job, cleaning up the ghosties, and that's all. I may not stay in cities often, too many jobs...mini-quests more like, but I've been in em enough to know these guys were selling some low class BS. While I haven't the foggiest as to who the hell you people are. I figure it'd be best if we get the hell out of here... or at least dispose of the bodies...."

He looked at the man whose mind seemed to be constantly relooping the events of just a moment ago. "okay... body maybe... this guy's not dead... yet..." He added with a dark whisper.

Surprisingly enough, the dark threat actually snapped him out of his spiral into madness... like being threatened by someone was a trigger, or just such a common thing that it gave him stability.

"FISH!" He shouted. "BLUE MOON! STAB THE BITCH! FISH!"

okay a little stability.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I walked up to the front door of the Inn and smiled at Roger. "Hey. Sup?" I shrugged. "Are the rooms ready? Now that I've cleared my head with a little fresh air, I could use a..." I glanced past Roger to the chaos inside. "You guys throw a party and not invite me?"
Last edited by Sareth on August 22nd, 2008, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

En route to the warehouse, Smitty and Duffy stopped in front of a small shop at the corner of Linden Street and Kugelheim Avenue. It was long past closing time, but a light still shone over the door, revealing a sign on a less conspicuous door to its left:

Dr. W. L. Rabbitfoot, Doctor of Thaumaturgy
Lifemage
Second Floor

They opened the door quietly and climbed the stairs. About three minutes later, they emerged minus one small packet, and continued on their way. In their wake, another sign winked into existence, apparently hanging on the inside of the door, although it was magical and insubstantial in nature:

CLOSED FOR VACATION
Back on the first of the month
For emergency services, contact:
Dr. Peter Poundstone, D. Thm.
1800 Kugelheim Avenue

-------------------------

The sergeant's heart had never stopped beating, and after a minute or two, the paralysis wore off so that he could breathe again. However, he'd been without oxygen long enough that several very important corners of his brain were never going to be quite the same. He awakened to madness, in which he partook fully. He screeched incoherencies until his eyes focused.

The Other Guy was looming over him, and he could see the impossibly telescoped skeleton spinning on its head in the background. Enough was enough.

"RABBITFOOT!" he screamed, and then his breathing stopped for good.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Sareth wrote:I walked up to the front door of the Inn and smiled at Roger. "Hey. Sup?" I shrugged. "Are the rooms ready? Now that I've cleared my head with a little fresh air, I could use a..." I glanced past Roger to the chaos inside. "You guys through a party and not invite me?"

"I don't think I got one either. No idea what the fuck is going on." Roger stepped aside to let Jamie enter. "But apparently you've missed out on an anonymous murder, the subsequent police investigation (even though no one heard anything), the lead detective going berzerk and trying to kill Lucas, then swallowing hot lead that somehow failed to kill him, and now he's gibbering wildly with that weird bugger over there..."

"RABBITFOOT!!"

Roger turned to look at the limp policeman. "And apparently now he's dead. Also, I sincerely hope that whatever you handed back to those two officers outside is in no way incriminating. I would hate to be stuck in a Farrelian prison for the next 25 years. But I'm being rude. How was your little nighttime..."excursion"? Cigarette? "

Roger offered Jamie one of the dead clerks hand rolled smokes.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The Poundstone Clinic, unlike practically everything else in its part of town, was clean, well-lit, and simultaneously cheerful, reassuring and professional-looking, on the inside as well as the outside. The street door informed passers-by (audibly as well as visually) that regular hours were 8 to 5, but emergency cases could seek admittance at the rear door. An office faced that door, with a well-dressed, middle-aged woman sitting behind a desk -- or at least the image of such a woman, as file cabinets and an interior door could be seen behind her, through her tasteful beige business suit.

She barely glanced up as there was a magical shimmering between her and the door, which resolved itself into a moderately tall man with long dark hair drawn back into a pony tail, a full but neatly-trimmed beard, and gold-rimmed glasses. (At least, the image of such a man.) He said breezily, "Evening, Inez. You got the night shift again?"

"Sure did, Moe," the woman (or her image) replied. "Not really a problem, my husband snores something awful. You too? You've been drawing the short straw a lot lately."

The man smiled. "Well, I really don't mind. It's usually pretty quiet around here, and I can study for my D. Thm. prelims. Anything happening tonight?"

"Not here, not yet. You probably know that my corporeal form is over in the Hinterlands district. I thought I heard some gunfire over there a while ago, but we usually don't get too many patients from that district."

"Just as well." Moe, or his avatar, shuddered. "Well, I'll be in my office if anything comes in. Rest easy." And he walked through the door into the interior of the building. (The door never actually opened.)

Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

"No, it's ok, I've got this." Lucas said, approaching the dead policeman. "Just... move the furniture back, just in case." Lucas put his hand on the back of the dead man's neck and whispered a few choice words. There was an audible "whoom" noise, and the officer's eyes opened. "Now, repeat after me. 'Well, that clears that up, lads. Entirely an accident. Magical leak ignited a weather balloon causing swamp gas to shoot a magic bullet. Nothing we haven't seen before. Let's cut through the really dangerous part of town on the way back to the stationhouse and see if we can't apprehend some actual criminals before bedtime.' "

The officer rose to his feet, made a very loose summoning swing towards his fellow officers, and started to weave his way out the door. "Well, that clears that up, lords. Entirely on accident. Magical beak ignited a water balloon..." he trailed off into the distance.

Lucas shrugged. "Eh, close enough. Now, someone stop that ottoman, it's trying to escape!"
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Hate to be curmudgeonly about these things, but:
Viking-Sensei wrote:The officer rose to his feet, made a very loose summoning swing towards his fellow officers, and started to weave his way out the door. "Well, that clears that up, lords. Entirely on accident. Magical beak ignited a water balloon..." he trailed off into the distance.
If you mean Officers Smith and Duff, aka Smitty and Duffy, they were last seen disappearing down Linden Street, several blocks from the World Traveler. Of course, the zombie-cop could still be trying to summon them, but he ain't gonna succeed...

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Smoking was one of the few bad habits I had not acquired. However, I didn't think insulting Roger was a particularly good idea. Add in all that was going on inside the room, smoking outside the door seemed like a good idea. So I took the offered cigarette and popped it between my lips, leaning forward to light it off the cherry on Roger's own cigarette.

"It was good. Cleared my head a good deal, worked a lot of that booze through my system." I stuck my head past Roger, looking into the building more thoroughly, before popping right back out. "Quite the bunch we've got here... Really know how to have a good time. It's not ever day you see a blue skinned gollum riding a couch around a room." I took a puff of the cigarette, then waved it vaguely about. "So... What do you think? Stick around and watch the fun? Or make a run for it? I mean, I know I didn't make this mess, but you never know about the cops..."
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

Marcus sighed as he scratched the back of his neck. "Great... first I get side tracked into this damn cliche job... then my employer dies...good thing I always ask for cash up front... then YOU start... fucking up the magick... and to top it all off... oh yeah I forgot... apparently the dude was paid off by a chick in a cloak... she set him up the bomb... or... gah... anyway... she also robbed the safe it looks like... Got a nice scent on it..."

there was a long pause after that comment.

"I have a good nose..."

At this Boris began to spin with less vigor, apparently bored.

I need to stop taking these jobs!

"So yeah, cloak lady maybe's after you or maybe me... last stalker I had tried some weird love spell on me...kinda nice till she pulled out that wierd dagger... damn crazy's... JUST CAUSE I'M A NECROMANCER DOESN'T MEAN I DO BLOOD MAGICK!!!" he yelled the last bit... then realized what he'd just said.

"SONNUVA BITCH!" he growled. "I... hate... these god damn long hauls..." he sighed.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

They were young -- sixteen -- and very much in love, or at least, very much in heat. Unfortunately, they were also very much underage. The young couple had been hoping to quietly get a room at the Pampered Purser, the inn down the street from the World Traveler, and do what is done in such a room. They'd stopped in at the bar next door, the Buggered Bosun, and managed to get a KugelBrau Lite or two to, er, "lubricate" the evening before the bartender became suspicious and threw them out. Alas, he'd made such a stink doing it that they weren't welcome at the Pampered Purser either. The boy knew, however, that the place down the street wasn't as ... picky. They staggered into the street and headed for the World Traveler.

As the young couple headed for the inn, they were startled to see a male form shambling toward them -- startled and, in the boy's case, distinctly discomfited, because he'd just succeeded in solving the puzzle that was his girlfriend's bra strap. The boy couldn't figure out what the man was wearing; it looked like a police uniform in some ways, but he'd had plenty of experience (not all of it bad) with the token Port Lorrel police force, and this certainly didn't look like anything the legitimate police in town would wear, not that they'd be caught dead in this part of town anyway. Not quite sure whether to avoid this apparition or talk to him, the two lovers watched as the pseudo-cop approached. Now they could hear him mumbling ...

"Well, that clears that up, lords. Entirely on accident. Magical beak ignited a water balloon..."

And suddenly, the Animate Dead spell wore off, and the corpse dropped messily at the young couple's feet.

Amorous or not, they were basically good citizens, and they knew they were over their heads on this one. A hundred meters or so ahead of them, they could see two figures standing in the door of the World Traveler smoking (filthy habit, the girl thought, but any port in a storm), so they waved and shouted, "Hey! Over here! This guy needs help!"

[OOC: we could really do with a map of Port Lorrel. These two are supposed to be coming from the direction OPPOSITE Linden Street, i.e., away from the warehouse, the two other cops, where Jamie was, etc. They are straight NPCs; do as you will with them.]