Farrel Sea

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Farrel Sea

Post by Sareth »

"Incoming? Incoming what?" I asked. I had no idea how in the world a sunken boat could be any kind of threat. They couldn't shoot from it, because that would mean opening a hatch, which would sink them for real. They couldn't fire anything anyway, because underwater the powder would be soaked. Plus water slows bullets or cannonballs really quickly. So really... I leaned over for a better look.

"What are those bubbles?"

A hand gripped my shoulder and threw me back onto the deck hard enough I know I was going to be sporting bruises on my posterior. "You idiot!" a voice called. "When that thing hits you could lose your"

And then the entire ship decided to leap into the air violently on an enormous column of water.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Adam? Still there? Want to do something about the torpedo?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

ooc: Still here, and deus'ing the crap out of this, cause I think it's illogical for them to even have torpedos.))

when the crewman had shouted incoming, I'd seen the blur rushing towards us... well.. rushing isn't the right word It was cruising. I Swore in a language half forgotten, and kept swearing as it turned into a spell. The expansion 'air' bomb I'd used last time returned, and this time I think it saved us for real.

The sudden expansion of air seemed to send the thing downward, and then all of a sudd-

I blinked and I was soaking wet, no I was submerged, in the water.

Damn.

That couldn't go well.

"MAN OVERBOARD!" I shout came from above.
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Torpedo? Who said anything about a torpedo? :mrgreen: /OOC:]

A life line was thrown overboard, followed by a net. The net, however, didn't go directly to Marcus, but was used to reel in a remarkable assortment of body parts.

All of them a familiar shade of blue, matching that of the golem who was still sunning herself on deck, as though nothing had happened; Lucas appeared safe, after all, so there was no reason for Ayiee to do anything drastic.

"Euuwww! GROSS!" came a chorus from the deck hands.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

More or less ignoring Marcus' plight (after all, if he were to drown, he'd get better) I stared at the assortment of body bits. "Ooh! Spare parts! Try to get all you can! I wonder if we can get enough to make an entire gollum for myself!" I began sorting through the bits, setting aside a hand to replace Ayiee's less fancy replacement.

"Oh," I glanced over the side. "And fish him out, will you?"

*ahem!*

I glanced over at my mother. "Yes?"

"Two things. First, don't you think we should do something about the sinking boat? And two..." Suddenly, Nera was in my arms. "Feeding time."

"I'm not lactating."

"That's why they have bottles, dear..."
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

"I LIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!" I gasp-screamed, as I crawled over the side of the deck, completely ignored by everyone.

"You suck, all of you just SUCK." I flopped down on the deck, severely wet and cold. I shucked off most of my wet clothing, glad I'd left all of my important gear inside Boris's hand little portal.

"It never ends... sometimes I wonder why I bother getting dressed in the morning..." I sighed.

Walking over to where Jamie was poking through body parts with her toes, while she held Nera and the bottle, I lightly thwacked her with the palm of my hand.

"Help a little bit next time."
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Ow!" I shot Marcus a dirty look, but was prevented from rubbing my head by the fact I was holding Nera with one hand and a bottle with the other. "Hey! I told them to fish you out. Along with spare parts..." Marcus opened his mouth, doubtless to point out that I could have fished him out myself, but I cut him off with a quick "Baby." He didn't look particularly placated by this, only damp and put out.

Time for a distraction. "So now that we blew up their boat in our usual playful fashion, what do we do with her?" I nodded over at the troll drying on the deck.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Far to the west, Grope, Scrobian and Harzh'biah continued their trek toward the east.

"I am growing worried," the female said. "The Small Ones will not come, I fear."

"They will come," Grope said. "My friend Lucas is a man of his word. They had far to go, and travel by sea takes time. We should -- hey, what's that?"

A low rumble was coming from the island in the middle of Growf's Drainpipe. The trolls moved cautiously toward a viewpoint, continuing to keep as low a profile as they could.

"Boat," Grope said. "Big one. It looks much like the other sinking boats we've seen coming from there, but it's much larger. And by the Five Great Mothers, I've never seen so many cannons together at one time."

The trolls watched in silence as the Birdkeeper battleship steamed east. "I don't think we want to tangle with that," Grope said as it passed from sight.

Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: You know, I'm wondering if we could do something to "reboot" this thread and merge it back in with Rinkaiel Part 2. Both threads seem to be suffering from being below critical mass, so that even though there are things to do (dealing with the birdkeepers here, finding out what's going on at the vineyard and with the bomb on the airship there), there simply aren't enough people to do them. Any ideas?

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Yeah, that does seem to be a bit of an issue. I know that this one has basically dwindled down to Adam, you, and I, and Adam and I aren't exactly the fastest posters these days. Let me think on this.[/OOC]