Rinkaiel, Part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Re: Rinkaiel, Part 2

Post by kagome_kino »

"mmm which ever is closest I guess." Maya sighed traveling on cart was kinda boring when everything looked the same.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Booze is a must," I replied. "It does not matter to me where, so long as booze is involved. Oh, and a steak might be nice..."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"There's a shop, over there," Joe said, knowing that Maya couldn't see it. "If you describe what you need to them, maybe they can help. After that, I know of another place close to here where we can get, ah, booze." At least if Oskar isn't too hung over to have opened it by now. He parked the hack as a short, squat Tsuirakuan woman peered out of the shop's door.

-------

"I did not expect you back so soon, Mrs. Sorensen," Dasuke Kinabalu said from the door of his laboratory. (Layla smiled with a warmth she did not feel, and reminded him, "Just call me Layla, please.") "Do come in."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

"well the potion is called vision..... I would describe it better but I only really know that it's a liquid." Maya steady her hand on the cart trying to gauge the distance between it and the ground as she prepared to attempt to get off.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The round woman squinted at the hack, listening, then comprehension dawned in her eyes. "You want good vision fix potion?" she said, in heavily accented Veracian; it clearly wasn't her native tongue, as if her Tsuirakuan features left any doubt about that. "You wait, I make." She ducked back into the shop, the motion giving the impression of a blue, berobed, bejeweled bouncing ball.

The ball emerged moments later with a smile on her face and a bottle in her hand. A small payment was exchanged, and Joe found himself holding the bottle. Most of the text on the label was in Tsuirakuan, a language he didn't speak, but there was one single word that was at least in the Veracian script, even if he didn't know what it meant:
ENTHEOGEN

Shaking his head, he returned to the wagon. "I'm not sure about this," he said. "This might help your eyes, but it just looks like some kind of gin to me..."

kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

Maya Raised an eyebrow "what just happened?" she asked rehtorically and then tilted her at the sound of chaos as the woman quickly ran around her shop. Coughing Maya switched to Tsuirakushiti "Excuse me miss but can you understand me now?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Excuse me miss but can you understand me now?"

"It's ma'am, not miss, young lady," the round woman sniffed. "Your barbarian friend just asked for a vision potion, so I sold him one. Now if you'll excuse me..." Fancying herself of a different (and obviously superior, although she was certainly not upper-crust herself) social stratum to any Tsuirakuan who would stoop to hob-nobbing with Farrelites, she retreated into her shop without another word.

Joe, of course, understood none of this, but he boarded the hack, holding out the bottle. "Here. This will be good for what ails you."

However, the hand that pulled the potion out of his own grip wasn't Maya's.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Thanks!" I responded. "A little hair of the dog is just what the doctor ordered." I popped the cork and took a good swill. "Kind of a peculiar taste... What kind of Gin did you say this was?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Entheo-gin, looks like," Joe responded. "I've never heard of it before, but ... uh, oh."

kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

"A Vision potion!?" Maya repeated "hmmm thats a psychoactive why would you want one of those? feeling a bit down? well when ever your ready i need to find a potion of vision."