2014-08-21: A Hit and Run in the Fast Lane

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2014-08-21: A Hit and Run in the Fast Lane

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for A Hit and Run in the Fast Lane
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2014-08-21: A Hit and Run in the Fast Lane

Post by taltamir »

I like where this is going

I bet her boyfriend is going to get trapped in an invisible force field again
Mister
New Poster

Post by Mister »

See this is why you need a publicly owned telecomms monopoly. The economies of scale for infrastructure like this are simply staggering and the ability for new entities to enter the market is minimal at best and generally is reliant on being able to buy access to existing companies networks.

So invisible force field time or will he decide fuck it time to become a super villain since they're clearly the good guys?
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people, eh? :twisted:

And on closer inspection i notice they're all naked... Hopefully Jordan didn't have to touch anything nasty.
smilingface
Forum Regular

Post by smilingface »

Jordan seems to be more and more like an antihero posing as a supervillain. Maybe she doesn't act to help others. Her getting annoyed by others seems to be her drive. She doesn't care if she helps others or not. (Best example for antiheroism)

She sure as hack doesn't want to be exposed as Jordan. But always hiding under a rock is just not her style.
As a villain you normally don't get a fanbase like an antihero. No or minimal fanbase means less risky being exposed.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

smilingface wrote:Jordan seems to be more and more like an antihero posing as a supervillain. Maybe she doesn't act to help others. Her getting annoyed by others seems to be her drive. She doesn't care if she helps others or not. (Best example for antiheroism)

She sure as hack doesn't want to be exposed as Jordan. But always hiding under a rock is just not her style.
As a villain you normally don't get a fanbase like an antihero. No or minimal fanbase means less risky being exposed.
Well supervillainy seems to be her legitimate job, but she seems to have an extreme level of latitude on what she does for 'work'. Kidnapping, and I imagine some torture and murder is coming up are technically illegal and therefore villainy. That she decides to choose targets that personal peeves just seems to be icing on the cake. I envy her.

Feel sorry for Craig, his job is to actually rescue these douchebags. Although, yeah, I can see him just not seeing the bat signal or missing the red flashing phone call or however his handlers get in touch with him. I guess they probably just text him.
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

Ah, classic Tekmage. The most reasonable of ends - the most outrageous of means. :D
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

smilingface wrote:Jordan seems to be more and more like an antihero posing as a supervillain. Maybe she doesn't act to help others. Her getting annoyed by others seems to be her drive. She doesn't care if she helps others or not. (Best example for antiheroism)

Keep in mind that she was actually hired by a clandestine government agency to pretend to be a super villain.
Mister
New Poster

Post by Mister »

taltamir wrote: Keep in mind that she was actually hired by a clandestine government agency to pretend to be a super villain.
Clearly she's being used for a false flag operation to justify some highly unethical and illegal action on the part of the US government.
"We need to kill civilians and spy on everyone to protect them from super villains!"
Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon »

My bet is that the government hires "villains" to keep "heroes" busy. Real superpowered or super-intelligent villains probably are smart enough to keep a low profile and don't dress themselves in flashy uniforms or pick stupid knicknames, so the government produces comic-like fake villains to keep super-powered wannabe "heroes" busy, so they don't get weird ideas like getting into politics...