2011-09-06: The God Empress of Ponykind

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2011-09-06: The God Empress of Ponykind

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for The God Empress of Ponykind
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Re: 2011-09-06: The God Empress of Ponykind

Post by Lukkai »

So, now the truth is out:

The whole thing with the monsters was nothing more than a ploy by the GM (Fran) to get the players to accept the prepared quest.
As someone who has gm'ed in the past, I can relate to that. There's nothing in the game world as hard as getting your players on course. Except maybe keeping them there.

The alternative of course is to keep the world fully open and allow them to chose their own way, quests and whatever. It means more preparation of the general world setting and some improvising, but is usually more fun. It however also means, that players don't have any kind of plot armour at all. Any wrong decision can mean death and worse for your chara or the whole group. Or, even while not instantly affecting your party, doom whole regions.
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
Immanio
Forum Regular

Post by Immanio »

In the grimdark future of the grimdark ponyland, there is only grimdark grimdark.
David J Prokopetz
Forum Regular

Post by David J Prokopetz »

Immanio wrote:In the grimdark future of the grimdark ponyland, there is only grimdark grimdark.
Heh.

(For those who haven't watched My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the joke is that Fran's description of Princess Celestia in the final panel is technically accurate in every respect.)
RGE
Errant Scholar

Post by RGE »

Aha! That makes it funnier. :)