2012-05-25: Kill for My Ship

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2012-05-25: Kill for My Ship

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Kill for My Ship
lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2012-05-25: Kill for My Ship

Post by lyze »

I love this kid's sense of style. So she's heard the Janis daughter of Tekmage cover? If I recall that was something she spontaneously made up when Falchion got into the base, so does this mean the general populous knows about it? It's kind of an f-upped universe they live in so I don't know how much public exposure super-heroes/villians get.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

I had been under the impression Falchion outed Janis in his attempts to "fix" the slash fic based on him and Tekmage. Granted, the level of detail he went into is left sort of hazy but if he gave the fanatics even a few clues they can connect the rest of the dots on their own.

And "Mom, you're embarassing me in front of my hit man." made me lol.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

TheLastOutlaw wrote:I had been under the impression Falchion outed Janis in his attempts to "fix" the slash fic based on him and Tekmage.
Ah, found it. Yeah, unclear the details, but I guess the publicist felt the need to mention Janis' story.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Actually, lyze brings up an interesting point. Just a little while ago, an elf on a flying carpet was shooting arrows at a witch on a flying broom returning fire with magical lasers in the middle of downtown. Meanwhile, vice detectives don't believe one of their suspects might actually be selling junk to aliens. How much does anyone know about any sort of weirdness?
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

And a drive-in theater was overrun with naked crazy zombies, and then the forest burned down. Not to mention that no one apparently finds the ongoing Falchion/Tekmage battles out of place and other superheroes also exist (Falchions sister at the very least). I'm guessing the locals are rather numb to what constitutes "weird."
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

And a whole neighborhood full of monsters, many man eating. Yeah, what a messed up world, lol. Anybody play any Gurps IOU? This place kind of reminds me of it, or at least how the outskirts of the college are described.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

lyze wrote:And a whole neighborhood full of monsters, many man eating. Yeah, what a messed up world, lol. Anybody play any Gurps IOU? This place kind of reminds me of it, or at least how the outskirts of the college are described.
If the strangeness comes on gradually enough and doesn't cause too much inconvenience, ordinary people can get used to anything. Seriously it's amazing what some people can ignore.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

I believe that is referred to as boiling frog syndrome, because if the heat is applied gradually enough a frog won't recognize the danger it is in and will allow itself to be boiled alive.

These folk have reached the point where the local Wal Mart (or whatever) can be blown away by an Elf and Witch without batting an eye.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

TheLastOutlaw wrote:I believe that is referred to as boiling frog syndrome, because if the heat is applied gradually enough a frog won't recognize the danger it is in and will allow itself to be boiled alive.

These folk have reached the point where the local Wal Mart (or whatever) can be blown away by an Elf and Witch without batting an eye.
And now they have Sunnydale Syndrome.

"WAL-MART DEMOLISHED; ELVES AND WITCHES CERTAINLY NOT INVOLVED, OFFICIALS SAY"
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."