2012-06-20: Breaking Point

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2012-06-20: Breaking Point

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Breaking Point
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2012-06-20: Breaking Point

Post by Graybeard »

So can we take a second and get the relationships straight here? Craig's Uncle Alex is "Shadow Knight," or more accurately, was before his trademark ran out. But who's "Gladius' kid"? Is that Craig or Janis/Jordan? Gladius is Alex/SK's brother, or what? Wiki work needs to be done, among other things.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

I assume Gladius is Craigs dad. I can't remember if he was named in his one appearance.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Craig is Falchion, I'm pretty sure his sister is Stiletto, and I believe I remember one of them saying their father was Gladius. They have sort of a naming theme going.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

An awesome naming theme. Alex is definitely the odd man out.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Yeah... this story has been pretty bad about contextless name dropping, sorry.

Gladius - Greg Kirkland: Famous beloved Superhero. Founder and former leader of the Paladins of Liberty (or what ever I've named these fucks since the old name has been used by now) Given powers and martial training by an alien device recovered from an UFO crash by the government. Powers include enhanced speed, strength, agility, rapid healing and slowed aging. Also got ahold of an awesome unbreakable sword made out of alien metal. Died fighting off an demonic invasion. He had two children, Nikki and Craig and he was kind of a dick in real life. Was actually named Nitro Man when I first made him.

Stiletto - Nikki Kirkland: Gladius' daughter. Started as a super heroine shortly after her powers developed at age 15. Currently trying to juggle her super hero life as leader of the Paladins of Liberty and her normal life as a wife and mother. Powers include immense strength, flight, rapid healing and slowed aging. Currently undergoing therapy to deal with how screwed up her childhood and teen years were. Somewhat embarrassed by the fact that an estimated 16% of young males between the years of 1995 and 2003 had their first masturbation experience to photos of her. Once had an evil clone of herself created by a creepy evil dude with a metal face. Was actually named Night Star when I first made her.

Falchion - Craig Kirkland: Gladius' son. About eleven years younger than Stiletto. Powers developed during his mid teens, At the age of 16 he accidentally ended up on an alien spaceship and spent the next two years helping a group of aliens rebel against an evil tyrannical AI. Once he returned to earth, he decided to follow in his family's footsteps and become a superhero. As his father and sister's (and as a result his) identities were quite well known, he asked the government to set him up with a fake identity and place of residence. The agency placed him in a rather odd suburban neighborhood near Rochester New York, determining it would the most inconspicuous place they could stick him. He really doesn't bother to keep his identity secret very much. Powers include enhanced speed, strength, agility, and rapid healing. Was actually named Urban Sword when I first made him.

Shadow Knight - Alex Kirkland: Gladius' younger brother. Famous, slightly less beloved Superhero and long time member of the Paladins of Liberty (currently on reserved member status) Underwent a slightly more advanced version of the process Gladius gained his powers from. Spent a good chunk of the late eighties and early nineties brain washed and evil. Killed Gladius' wife during this period. Lost an arm during a fight with his brother, it was later replaced with an advanced prosthetic made in the lost city of Atlantis. Came out to family and friends as gay in 2000, though it is still not really public knowledge. Powers include enhanced speed, strength, agility, rapid healing, slowed aging, invisibility and limited control over light. Since his brother's death, he is considered one of the most dangerous hand to hand fighters in the world. For some reason I decided to keep his old name and just make jokes about losing it to trademark problems, it fit the image of him as an older super hero who's a little tired and annoyed with all this crap.

Name To Be Determined - Glen Masters: (showed up in one panel during one of Craig's flashbacks) Gladius' best friend. Famous beloved Superhero. Founding member of the Paladins of Liberty. Underwent a slightly more advanced version of the process Gladius gained his powers from. Totally a Human Torch rip-off. Powers include flight, pyrokinesis, energy generation, rapid healing and slowed aging. Died fighting off an demonic invasion. Was actually named Atomic when I first made him.

Other founding members of the Paladins of Liberty include a mutated half animal dude, and a really smart guy who can turn into a large monster, but becomes stupider the longer he's in that form.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Thanks. Wikification will follow.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Post by Lukkai »

Makes me wonder whether Nikki's evil clone is still around somewhere.

And whether we will have Stiletto and/or other Paladins in the comic at some point. Heck, a family barbecue with Craig presenting his girlfriend to family and team would probably end quite funny. :twisted:
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

All hail the mighty Poe, bestower of knowledge and creator of batshit insanity!

Yes, I might be slightly drunk (six shots of Jameson and three pints of Guinnes in the last hour.) But seriously, all hail!
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Why would you do shots of decent whisky? I have never understood that. If you want to get drunk, there are cheaper ways to do it quickly, and it's not like you can really taste it when you do shots. It seems like a waste.

But then, my limit is about one shot of anything (and less than that now that my liver has been on strike due to blood clot), so it makes sense that I wouldn't rush it. That, and I am cursed with a kinda expensive palate. I almost always gravitate towards amber stuff that tastes like wood (whisky in various forms, rum, port, sherry, aged tequila)... and inevitably I discover too late that the thing I tried and really liked was ridiculously expensive.

So... Curse my inability to appreciate cheap booze! But on the other hand, bless my low tolerance for making the really expensive booze last a lot longer!

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.