2012-07-02: KFH

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2012-07-02: KFH

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for KFH
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2012-07-02: KFH

Post by BloodHenge »

All I really know about wine coordination is that red goes with red meat and white goes with fish (and I might be wrong about some of that). I'm guessing that whatever goes with pork would go with human (since they purportedly taste similar), and if the same thing goes with poultry you could use that for harpy.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Pork is one of those few middle ground dishes where either a red or a white can work. The biggest thing is what you are cooking with it. Straight up pork, no seasonings? Go with a white. Pork chops with strong seasonings? Make it a red. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Given the bird half of a harpy combined with the presumed porcine properties of the humanish portion, I'd go for a white with this one.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

So, I guess we now have precedent that cooking and eating Naga would also be acceptable (though snake is usually not considered a delicacy).
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

(I won't mention I've wanted to nibble her mams for a while now...) Snake tends to be good barbequed, I'm told. It's on my to do list, in fact. Given the barbeque sauces typically in use for most grilling, I'm going to suggest a nice red for Naga. Even the upper half, barbequed, would probably be complemented by a good red. Something a touch spicy.
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Post by Lukkai »

You know... My first thought when reading the comics title here, which was before checking the comic itself, was "Huh? Kentucky Fried Henchman or what?"

Turns out I wasn't too far, but neither on spot.

And chicken would go with both, red or white. Depends both on way of preparation and wine used! We should not forget that there are huge differences between different red wines, as well as white ones. But then harpy might be more like goose or duck, where I'd go with a red or, preferably, a rich-tasting beer. As for turkey, I haven't eaten it often enough to really give advice there. But a rich beer went well with it. As did a red wine.
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Are there any commonly eaten raptors? I think the bird half of a harpy is generally more like a hawk or eagle, but the most attention people tend to pay to raptors is as service animals (falconry, to be specific).
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

BloodHenge wrote:Are there any commonly eaten raptors?
No non-aquatic predators are commonly eaten.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Well, a buddy of mine once told me that bald eagle tastes like chicken. But I haven't tried any raptor myself to check.

I do think that beer is a capital choice all around though.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

I say go with mead, more flavorful than a white wine and does well with most cooked bird applications as well as pork so I think both bases are covered. (Plus I greatly prefer mead to most wines.) In other news, since this is admittedly an old strip being used is Naga really dead? It's been bugging me ever since the last Fran appearance. (The last before this one, the ill fated LARP strip.) To quote the dude from Dirty Harry, "I gots to know."
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?