2012-09-24: Walk In's Welcome

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2012-09-24: Walk In's Welcome

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Walk In's Welcome
lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2012-09-24: Walk In's Welcome

Post by lyze »

The very last talk bubble, about the hole in the roof, made me laugh so hard that milk came out of my nose. But I wasn't even drinking milk!
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

So exactly how long can Naga hold her breath without braining her damage?
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:So exactly how long can Naga hold her breath without braining her damage?
Maybe a good dose of dain bramage will even her out? I'm sure Fran and Darth Afro will be happy to experiment with what the "right" amount of brain damage might be.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

That STD sounds like something out of FATAL to me.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

BloodHenge wrote:That STD sounds like something out of FATAL to me.
Hol, I never played the game, but have both books. They were some of the funniest things I've ever read. While I don't remember that particular STD in the game, I'm not sure I'd put it past the authors. Their humor tended to run in that direction.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Dakhran
New Poster

Post by Dakhran »

Actually Poe says it was inspired from HôL, aka "Human Occupied Landfill", the most wonderfully twisted game you'll never be able to play. It is sick and wrong, but in a good way! Too bad it's almost impossible to make sense of in a rules sense, even with the hard-to-find expansion book that actually gives the character creation rules...

OTOH, FATAL is just sick and wrong in a bad way. Maybe even the worst way. I swear, I lost Sanity points reading the damn thing...
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

davester65 wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:That STD sounds like something out of FATAL to me.
Hol, I never played the game, but have both books. They were some of the funniest things I've ever read. While I don't remember that particular STD in the game, I'm not sure I'd put it past the authors. Their humor tended to run in that direction.
It was from the Buttery Wholesomeness splat book (since the actual HOL book lacked character creation rules, as it was just suppose to be a parody of rpg's and not actually ever played) it could come up during character creation, as part of the random background part that was intended to mock Travelers' own random background system. I think it was something like you catch a virus that makes an organ/bodypart swell up, then falls off, becomes somewhat intelligent, and joins you as a companion. You were given four choices of what body part to lose, which determined the follower's stats, one of choices was called "Timmy the Testicle" or something to that effect.

Though it's entirely possible the name 'Timmy' was just something I came up with back when some friends and I ran the game.
David J Prokopetz
Forum Regular

Post by David J Prokopetz »

The STD thing is fun, but my favourite aspect of that character creation chart is that it turns out to be extremely difficult to generate a character who has not attended clown college.

(This isn't at all obvious just from looking at it, either. It looks like a mess, but the author actually arranged it so that, statistically, the vast majority of characters generated with it will eventually have their lifepath land on "clown college".)
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Yeah... I think three of the four players in my group ended up as assassin clowns. I think they were just really, really proud of the fluff text for that one.