2012-10-03: Throw open the switches on the sonic oscillator!

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Re: 2012-10-03: Throw open the switches on the sonic oscilla

Post by Anthony »

Imp-Chan wrote:Er, no... at most, it limits her to prey that will break down to approximately baby-sized by the time it reaches the point at which it would fit through the hips. That's a very different statement.
Not really. There also isn't room for anything much larger than a baby in the area above the hips. Certainly not enough room to swallow an adult man whole (there's other issues there too, such as the need for no breastbone; food also has to fit through the collar and rib cage, which will require the rib cage to expand, which means it can't be attached together at both front and back).
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I was assuming a crushing power in her throat that would rival heavy machinery, and a more flexible skeleton. Also, you know, magic.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

Imp-Chan wrote:I was assuming a crushing power in her throat that would rival heavy machinery, and a more flexible skeleton. Also, you know, magic.'
Oh sure. Installing a food processor in her throat solves the problem just fine, but it gets away from the whole 'snake' theme, since swallowing whole is a characteristic property of snakes.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Imp-Chan wrote:a crushing power in her throat that would rival heavy machinery
Can she dial that back, or is it all-or-nothing?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Well, we can dial ours back, right? I mean, that's essentially what the swallowing process is... sequential squeezing. We can swallow with nothing there, so I assume that we can adjust the strength with which we do so. I'm hypothesizing that Naga has the potential strength to crush bones as part of her swallow. Things go in big, and then crunch their way down so that they're already highly malleable before her stomach even gets to them. Snakes have consumed humans in the past, though the snakes in question are easily ten feet longer than Naga is usually drawn and would still only need a meal that large about once a year (though Poe says that Naga is actually about 20 ft long or so, he just takes liberties drawing her, and that would actually make her the same size as an African Rock Python). So if Naga had the same three-part jaw and elasticity and the sheer muscle, not to mention some questionable connections around her collarbone and sternum and completely different internal organs, I suppose it would be possible for her to also swallow a human, though I'm inclined to think that at the very least she'd have to dislocate the human's bones to do it.

However, we all know that Naga likes humans with teriyaki sauce, so I imagine that the times when she might eat a human whole are quite rare. More likely she just snacks on her favorite parts, and only pretends to swallow people whole to gross Fran out.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Wasn't Naga responsible for disappearing the blood-drained bodies out of Nikki's garbage? I would imagine she just howmpfed them whole right there and didn't, like... stash them in the freezer or something, much less stir fry them in the kitchen. I'd think Fran would have a problem with that.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Maybe the inside of Naga's body is it's own dimension? Or she has a 4 dimensional colon? It wouldn't be too much of a stretch at this point, not since she can swallow a dumpster full of Nikki's victims and not explode.
Forrest wrote:Wasn't Naga responsible for disappearing the blood-drained bodies out of Nikki's garbage?
That strip made me feel a little queasy. Somebody get Naga some listerine.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:Maybe the inside of Naga's body is it's own dimension? Or she has a 4 dimensional colon?
Thats not the side into which food goes.
Last edited by taltamir on October 9th, 2012, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

Imp-Chan wrote:However, we all know that Naga likes humans with teriyaki sauce, so I imagine that the times when she might eat a human whole are quite rare. More likely she just snacks on her favorite parts, and only pretends to swallow people whole to gross Fran out.
Information on that is mixed. On the one hand we have http://www.doesnotplaywellwithothers.co ... s/pwc-0010, which at least indicates Naga swallowing fairly objects large enough that dislocating her jaw was a requirement. On the other hand we have http://www.doesnotplaywellwithothers.co ... s/pwc-0152, which suggests some pre-swallowing mastication. On the topic of Naga and Listerine, http://www.doesnotplaywellwithothers.co ... s/pwc-0155.

And by the way, die catgirls die.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

Anthony wrote:And by the way, die catgirls die.
Eh, its not like catgirls are real people anyways
:catgirl: