2012-11-30: Even I Don't Bother to Remember this Character's

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2012-11-30: Even I Don't Bother to Remember this Character's

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2012-11-30: Even I Don't Bother to Remember this Charact

Post by lyze »

I completely don't remember this character or that she has a sister. Don't feel bad about forgetting, I can't remember half my own main characters last names, any of the parent's names or even if some conversation I was thinking of ever actually happened or if I was just thinking about putting it in the plot.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister's name is Sarah. Doesn't anybody read the wiki any more?

Which raises a point. DNPWWO, in my opinion, would be well served to have its own wiki. There are about a dozen DNPWWO articles in the Heretic Knowledge Vault, the Errant Story wiki, at this writing. (To see a list of them all, check the relevant Category there.) They date primarily to the early days of DNPWWO, when it was basically omake for Errant Story, and I have not been updating them as faithfully as the articles for Errant Story itself, although those too aren't getting updated as frequently now that ES is in "syndication." For example, the revelation that Craig's girlfriend "Janis" is actually Jordan, whom we know and love from Exploitation Now, isn't in there, apart from a rather leading hint. I really should update that.

Since DNPWWO has diverged from ES (indeed, is now close to EN in character mix and general composition of its world), and since I personally don't follow its nuances as closely, I'm wondering if the time has come either to give it its own, stand-alone wiki if Impy and minions are interested, or at least to move content into the little-used "Jordan's Lab," the Exploitation Now wiki. Would anyone be interested in taking this on, and ideally, maybe also acquiring some admin roles for the new stuff, wherever it lives? Jordan's Lab does have at least an intermittently active admin in the form of our good buddy Tiamat, but if the addition of DNPWWO stuff is the preferred course of action, he may need some help.

Please discuss, and I'll do what I can to expedite the process if there's interest in going there.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Mord
Forum Regular

Post by Mord »

Graybeard wrote:Sister's name is Sarah. Doesn't anybody read the wiki any more?

Which raises a point. DNPWWO, in my opinion, would be well served to have its own wiki. There are about a dozen DNPWWO articles in the Heretic Knowledge Vault, the Errant Story wiki, at this writing. (To see a list of them all, check the relevant Category there.) They date primarily to the early days of DNPWWO, when it was basically omake for Errant Story, and I have not been updating them as faithfully as the articles for Errant Story itself, although those too aren't getting updated as frequently now that ES is in "syndication." For example, the revelation that Craig's girlfriend "Janis" is actually Jordan, whom we know and love from Exploitation Now, isn't in there, apart from a rather leading hint. I really should update that.

Since DNPWWO has diverged from ES (indeed, is now close to EN in character mix and general composition of fits world), and since I personally don't follow its nuances as closely, I'm wondering if the time has come either to give it its own, stand-alone wiki if Impy and minions are interested, or at least to move content into the little-used "Jordan's Lab," the Exploitation Now wiki. Would anyone be interested in taking this on, and ideally, maybe also acquiring some admin roles for the new stuff, wherever it lives? Jordan's Lab does have at least an intermittently active admin in the form of our good buddy Tiamat, but if the addition of DNPWWO stuff is the preferred course of action, he may need some help.

Please discuss, and I'll do what I can to expedite the process if there's interest in going there.
Personally I think there should only be a single wiki for all of the various webcomics. As it stands there isn't even enough activity to support ES's wiki, forcing people to create new accounts to edit DNPWWO or EN's wiki will just further put off the few people that would care enough to bother.

What should be done is to change the ES wiki into a Caffeine Angel Studios wiki. At which point you can give each comic its own portal and allow the main page to focus on more than just Errant Story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Contents/Portals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Portal
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Putting them all on a wiki together would also let us cross-link for characters who are in multiple comics (like Jordan or the annoying fairies).

As for the actual comic, it's a pity Craig's such a dick. Fran and Jordan probably would have hit it off. (Well, it's a pity Crag's a dick for a lot of reasons, but that reason is relevant today.)
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

BloodHenge wrote:Putting them all on a wiki together would also let us cross-link for characters who are in multiple comics (like Jordan or the annoying fairies).
Agreed, it should all go in the same wiki with all the cross pollination. All we need is one of the fairies showing up in this and ES is linked directly to DNPWWO. As far as who should admin, I volunteer Graybeard :D. I'd do it but I have no experience with making wikis, no attention to detail, miss and/or misinterpret and/or jump to conclusion on plot points, and am generally lazy.
BloodHenge wrote:As for the actual comic, it's a pity Craig's such a dick. Fran and Jordan probably would have hit it off. (Well, it's a pity Crag's a dick for a lot of reasons, but that reason is relevant today.)
Yeah, they probably would have. Craig can't take all the blame for that one though, seemed like that whole little faux pas was both their ideas.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

I didn't even know there was a wiki