2013-11-03: Punk'd

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2013-11-03: Punk'd

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Punk'd
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2013-11-03: Punk'd

Post by BloodHenge »

What happened to Naga's shirt in panel 3? Not that I disapprove of Naga going topless, but it's a little inconsistent.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Bad idea, Naga. Reality is seriously the worst MMORPG ever. There's no magic, no hypertech weapons, and your stats never get high enough to defeat the evil corporate empires. There's no resurrection and everyone has so little HP that it only takes one bullet wound to lose your character. The NPC AI is also ridiculously stupid so one of the only fun things to do in this game is watch fail videos. If that weren't bad enough this game is totally unbalanced too. The bad guys have nearly infinite money, control all the governments/armies/police, have exclusive access to all the best weapons, and get to make their own laws while you start out with nothing and have to get a job flipping burgers just to buy your basic healing/food items and equipment.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

There's nothing I can add that Zagato hasn't already said. It would be a damn depressing game.

I like the appletech setting from the alt text. A world where Apple became the dominant corporation, everything is branded with an "i" in front, is too expensive but the public mindlessly loves it anyway. And i-products are only compatible with each other, right down to i-food can only be cooked in an i-stove and digested with i-Bacteroides, i-Clostridium, i- Lactobacillus, etc, which all strangely enough are covered with smooth white plastic shells.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

For a moment I was pretty excited, the Steampunk character I created for cosplaying at fairs and cons uses a shotgun that shoots lightning bolts and I was like, "wow, I'm ahead of the curve on this one." But nope. Though this strip does represent a fundamental truth behind role playing, it can be hard to created something truly unique no matter how cool you try to make it sound. One of my friends created a DnD creature that was gorilla-like but could spray a cloud of putrid fumes to disorient and sicken its opponents and mark them for the dual purpose of ease of tracking and ostrasizing them from other characters until they were cleansed. He was very proud of the creature until one of the players in the game he was running pointed out it was essentially a skunk that walked upright.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?