2014-04-13: Pick a Card

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2014-04-13: Pick a Card

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Pick a Card
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Re: 2014-04-13: Pick a Card

Post by kaitou »

I WANT ONE! (I may never get the chance to use it, but...)
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

So that's what the world is coming to. First we exchanged blows. Then we exchanged words. Now we exchange cards with passive aggressive whining and insults printed on them. God I love Naga's card though. Fran took the words right out of my mouth in panel 6. :D
smilingface
Forum Regular

Post by smilingface »

It's like calling random people to tell them gesundheit. Most of the time the timing is wrong. But if it's right it is totally awesome.

haaaaa...tchu
*ring ring*
Yeah, who's there?
Gesundheit
*click toot toot toot*
Yeah. Wait, what? :shock:
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

Dude, someone needs to make those.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I still can't figure out what Naga said that was offensive in the indicated ways, unless the stranger is referring to something she said before we got there.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Okay, so by apparently popular demand, here are the basic tif files for the cards, based on the template from Overnight Prints because that's what I had handy. I confess I didn't put much work into these, I was more exasperated by the problem than focused on making actual cards for distribution, but what the hell. Enjoy.

Victim Card
Victim Card Response

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

Bwa ha!

Yeah, I have a hard time imagining those cards being used in real life, too (though I am absolutely certain that there are a few outliers who do use them). In real life, people are mostly resigned to have to put up with each other's rough edges. It's only online that they have time to analyse every word other people say for something to be offended by.

The whole "it's not my job to tell you why you've offended me" is particularly baffling. Look, if you want people to change their ways, it is your job to tell them why they should. Annoying as Jehovah's Witnesses and their ilk are, at least they don't just knock on your door and say, "the Bible. Look it up. I'm sure you'll see what I mean."

And I find talk of triggers very annoying too, but I admit that's for my own selfish reasons. I have tons of triggers. I am a big emotional fruitcake. The weirdest shit make me feel suicidal. And does anyone care? No. So I'll just keep using the word "bitch" where I think it is appropriate, thanks.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

Imp-Chan wrote:Okay, so by apparently popular demand, here are the basic tif files for the cards, based on the template from Overnight Prints because that's what I had handy. I confess I didn't put much work into these, I was more exasperated by the problem than focused on making actual cards for distribution, but what the hell. Enjoy.
^-^'
Thank you Impy, you're the best!
kyhm
New Poster

Post by kyhm »

Imp-Chan wrote:Okay, so by apparently popular demand, here are the basic tif files for the cards
Agreed with Iyze, Impy is the best:

I arranged these for easy printing at 300dpi on Avery 5371/8371 sheets since that's what I had handy. I could provide the file if anybody else is interested?