2014-07-17: Insert 'Cold War' joke here

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Re: 2014-07-17: Insert 'Cold War' joke here

Post by Anthony »

lyze wrote:
Michael Poe wrote:. Also evil sideburns prince dude just going full mustache twirling evil villain in the second half of the movie, even though his subtle power grab was still working out really, really well for him.
I have to admit I completely didn't see that coming. Yeah, he could have pulled a win if he would have just stayed the course.
Cept that, if we assume "true love" was actually required, his plan was screwed up by the fact he wasn't in love and thus couldn't save Anna. He could probably have schemed better (more effort to make sure she didn't escape, or more subtle failing), but 'sadly, it was too late to save her' was about the best option available at the moment.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

Anthony wrote:
lyze wrote:
Michael Poe wrote:. Also evil sideburns prince dude just going full mustache twirling evil villain in the second half of the movie, even though his subtle power grab was still working out really, really well for him.
I have to admit I completely didn't see that coming. Yeah, he could have pulled a win if he would have just stayed the course.
Cept that, if we assume "true love" was actually required, his plan was screwed up by the fact he wasn't in love and thus couldn't save Anna. He could probably have schemed better (more effort to make sure she didn't escape, or more subtle failing), but 'sadly, it was too late to save her' was about the best option available at the moment.
I just think he got impatient is all. Yes, she could have died anyway, she might have lived, showing his hand screwed the deal. Hell, she dies as planned with the curse, he convinces Elsa that she's too dangerous to live, comes out the hero, convinces to adjudicate the throne to him as a stewart or something, and swears that he will serve his now deceased love's kingdom as best he can as. Does the bit that the king of the swamp castle did in monty python and the holy grail with claiming her lands.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I've seen it now.

Anyone else notice that Hans never takes off his gloves? Probably deliberate on the part of the writers, considering how Elsa's gloves appear to symbolize her emotional isolation.