2014-07-22: Why Was I Programmed to Feel Needy?

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2014-07-22: Why Was I Programmed to Feel Needy?

Post by BloodHenge »

smilingface wrote:I just watched the short film "Kara" on youtube (again) and imagined how Jordan would react if she did the final checkup with the robot.
I can't help but think that was just the last step in quality assurance testing, and every single one of those gynoids went through the same thing.
smilingface
Forum Regular

Post by smilingface »

BloodHenge wrote:
smilingface wrote:I just watched the short film "Kara" on youtube (again) and imagined how Jordan would react if she did the final checkup with the robot.
I can't help but think that was just the last step in quality assurance testing, and every single one of those gynoids went through the same thing.
You mean all of those fembots before her had the same expressions during quality testing?
Interesting thought
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

smilingface wrote: Also I think Jordan knows Asimov's Laws and is keeping her always on the safe side. At least with the definition of herself instead of the generic term "human".
Jordan has always shown a certain level of genre savviness to be foolish enough to allow one of her creations to turn on her. I bet though that Ann can probably contemplate the idea but just can't ever bring herself to do it, thinking that she's not going to lower herself to Jordan's level. Of course that's just what Jordan would program Ann to think, that she simply doesn't actually want to turn on Jordan.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Considering that video was one of the main influences for the scene with Jordan checking out Ann. (well that and the rather ridiculous number of webcomics where the robot character gets treated as a full person) She would respond by with "Ugh, not this again." Send the android back for reformatting, and then compose an email to the programming department, bitching about how the sex droids keep getting locked in their moe personality mode during testing and they need to fix that shit.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

smilingface wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
You mean all of those fembots before her had the same expressions during quality testing?
Interesting thought
Or, at the very least, they were partially dismantled in order to test their fear response. After all, why give them the ability to cry if they're not going to use it?
smilingface
Forum Regular

Post by smilingface »

Michael Poe wrote:
Considering that video was one of the main influences for the scene with Jordan checking out Ann. (well that and the rather ridiculous number of webcomics where the robot character gets treated as a full person) She would respond by with "Ugh, not this again." Send the android back for reformatting, and then compose an email to the programming department, bitching about how the sex droids keep getting locked in their moe personality mode during testing and they need to fix that shit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I just laughed so hard imagining this scene XD

You, sir, are a genius
BloodHenge wrote: Or, at the very least, they were partially dismantled in order to test their fear response. After all, why give them the ability to cry if they're not going to use it?
Now, that you mention it. I didn't really thought much about the fact that she could shed tears.
How dare you, Kara, deceiving me into thinking you had real emotions and not just a good tech-dev crew behind your back.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

smilingface wrote:Now, that you mention it. I didn't really thought much about the fact that she could shed tears.
How dare you, Kara, deceiving me into thinking you had real emotions and not just a good tech-dev crew behind your back.
Or she does have real emotions, and the tester doesn't care because she's not human. And the fun part is that there's no good way to tell whether her emotions are real or a fantastic simulation.