2015-09-06: The Other Road

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2015-09-06: The Other Road

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for The Other Road
lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2015-09-06: The Other Road

Post by lyze »

I can believe someone would actually say something like this in congress.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

As far as implicating a real congressman, I guess it depends on whether you plan to come back to this country. An his or her state.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

lyze wrote:I can believe someone would actually say something like this in congress.
Yeah, it wouldn't even be the dumbest thing to come out of congress in recent years.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

lyze wrote:I can believe someone would actually say something like this in congress.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archiv ... 020014.php

though it is suppose to have just been him reading it from something rather than his own words.
Atomicfever
One Post Wonder

Post by Atomicfever »

There are some studies that bring up the question of diminishing returns based on too many turbines in a row... just no real world examples to prove or disprove... logically, we do see changes in wind patterns in big cities with skyscrapers... I would hold off on face shootings ... for now...

If you really want a villian, there are the "not in my backyard" crew that are fine with turbines but only if they are built " elsewhere. "
smilingface
Forum Regular

Post by smilingface »

The energy generating wind comes from the sun. We know that the sun itself has a finite lifespan. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon. And when it happens we might have different problems.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Michael Poe wrote:
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archiv ... 020014.php

though it is suppose to have just been him reading it from something rather than his own words.
I still don't see a good reason to read something like that on the floor of a legislature, other than to immediately explain how ridiculous it is.
smilingface wrote:The energy generating wind comes from the sun. We know that the sun itself has a finite lifespan. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon. And when it happens we might have different problems.
Like when it turns into a red giant in about four or five billion years and puffs up to about the same diameter as Mars's orbit? If we don't have extrasolar colonies by then, we kind of deserve to go extinct.
Ugwump
Forum Regular

Post by Ugwump »

No Congressional pension with that option. So she's a libertarian?
Ophidiophile
Forum Regular

Post by Ophidiophile »

OMG. I can't believe you went from a fart joke to a comic mentioning wind power.