2016-08-08: Mecha Pimp'n Aint Easy

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2016-08-08: Mecha Pimp'n Aint Easy

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Mecha Pimp'n Aint Easy
smilingface
Forum Regular

Re: 2016-08-08: Mecha Pimp'n Aint Easy

Post by smilingface »

Wait a moment. Isn't a sexbot just an epic tier sex toy? Dildos or vibrators are neither sad nor creepy.
So why should an android build with that purpose in mind be sad or creepy?

There is nothing wrong to use tools how they're supposed to be used. ;)
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

smilingface wrote:There is nothing wrong to use tools how they're supposed to be used. ;)
That's right. Not gonna lie, Jordan and Craig are both being a little bit judgemental here, and Jordan perhaps a little hypocritical considering what she uses that cyber hand for.
Alice Machaer
Forum Regular

Post by Alice Machaer »

Seth and Ann, despite the former being a sapient creature and the latter not, do have something in common: they're both cosmic butt monkeys. I say give Ann back to Seth.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Women using sex toys is normal and accepted these days. Men using sex toys is creepy and sad because it implies you can't get the real thing.

Like how a naked woman is sexy but a naked man is either funny, disgusting, or literally assault.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

Forrest wrote:Women using sex toys is normal and accepted these days. Men using sex toys is creepy and sad because it implies you can't get the real thing.
Well, there's also the fact that women are assumed to need sex toys since they just physically don't get aroused or orgasm as easily as men. Whereas a man who uses a sex toy is considered to have put way too much thought into how to really, really, really satisfy himself. :p
Forrest wrote:Like how a naked woman is sexy but a naked man is either funny, disgusting, or literally assault.
I think that depends a lot on what the man and the woman looks like. There are men who no one could call disgusting, and there are women who would definitely not be seen as sexy. Though it's true that the bar of sexiness is lower for women than for men.
Mihoshi
New Poster

Post by Mihoshi »

From what little we saw of the sexbot, it looked like it was actually sapient.

Typical for Jordan to make a sapient machine for a fucktoy, and then to condemn it to storage after one use.

Frankly I hope she returns. It was certainly better socially adapted than most of the crew...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Mihoshi wrote:From what little we saw of the sexbot, it looked like it was actually sapient.
Jordan insists that Ann was merely programmed to behave as though she were sapient, though.
Mihoshi
New Poster

Post by Mihoshi »

BloodHenge wrote:
Mihoshi wrote:From what little we saw of the sexbot, it looked like it was actually sapient.
Jordan insists that Ann was merely programmed to behave as though she were sapient, though.
At a certain point that crosses over into You say potayto, I say potahto territory though...

And frankly Jordan is a terrible person who will lie her ass off if its convenient for her.