2018-10-21: Kobold Killer

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2018-10-21: Kobold Killer

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Kobold Killer
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2018-10-21: Kobold Killer

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

I just turn a deaf ear to outrage culture and all the screamers who are a part of it. Enjoy whatever anime/games you like, even if people get pissed at you. Never apologize, ever.

The outrage hasn't changed over the last 50 years but the reasoning kind of has. First everything was too violent. Then it was too sexist. Now it's too racist? :roll:
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:I just turn a deaf ear to outrage culture and all the screamers who are a part of it. Enjoy whatever anime/games you like, even if people get pissed at you. Never apologize, ever.

The outrage hasn't changed over the last 50 years but the reasoning kind of has. First everything was too violent. Then it was too sexist. Now it's too racist? :roll:
Oh, no, it's still too violent (or at least, it breeds toxic masculinity) and too sexist. And too racist. The reasoning is the same, it's just the emphasis that shifts back and forth over time.

Honestly, I wish they'd just institute some proper censorship and have it over with. I can live with everything on TV being Care Bears-levels of hyper-inoffensive if I have to. It's listening to all this moaning and handwringing that makes me feel like my soul is dying piece by piece.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Baeraad wrote:It's listening to all this moaning and handwringing that makes me feel like my soul is dying piece by piece.
After thinking it over for the last month I finally unsubbed from all the political commentary channels on Youtube. I figured there's nothing to be gained by watching them anymore. Even if they say stuff I agree with, it's still not worth my time. From now on it's strictly video games and watching people do funny shit.

This doesn't mean I don't care about politics anymore. It just means that my political activity is limited to filling out a ballot.

Walking away is always an option. It doesn't have to be forever. If you're getting sick or depressed it might be worth having a vacation.
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:
Baeraad wrote:It's listening to all this moaning and handwringing that makes me feel like my soul is dying piece by piece.
After thinking it over for the last month I finally unsubbed from all the political commentary channels on Youtube. I figured there's nothing to be gained by watching them anymore. Even if they say stuff I agree with, it's still not worth my time. From now on it's strictly video games and watching people do funny shit.

This doesn't mean I don't care about politics anymore. It just means that my political activity is limited to filling out a ballot.

Walking away is always an option. It doesn't have to be forever. If you're getting sick or depressed it might be worth having a vacation.
Probably a wise choice. I've cut way down, too - it's just hard to completely avoid politics while still taking an interest in fiction, and I just can't imagine life without fiction.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

If it's any consolation, it's equally hard right now to avoid politics while taking an interest in facts. I can't imagine life without facts.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Baeraad wrote:
dark_lord_zagato wrote:
Honestly, I wish they'd just institute some proper censorship and have it over with. I can live with everything on TV being Care Bears-levels of hyper-inoffensive if I have to. It's listening to all this moaning and handwringing that makes me feel like my soul is dying piece by piece.
Apparently at least part of the issue was that no one at Crunchy Roll actually bothered to even check the content of the Goblin Slayer anime, and just put it up without any warnings or rating what so ever. So even censorship wouldn't have stopped it.
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

Graybeard wrote:If it's any consolation, it's equally hard right now to avoid politics while taking an interest in facts. I can't imagine life without facts.
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. I think I gave up on ever discovering what the facts were a long time ago, so that part doesn't bother me personally.
Michael Poe wrote:
Baeraad wrote:
dark_lord_zagato wrote:
Apparently at least part of the issue was that no one at Crunchy Roll actually bothered to even check the content of the Goblin Slayer anime, and just put it up without any warnings or rating what so ever. So even censorship wouldn't have stopped it.
Yeah, but then they'd outraged at the censors for not doing their job, instead of being outraged at anyone who supposedly allows this to exist by not being sufficiently outraged about the fact that it exists.

Then again... I suppose they'd probably still manage to be outraged at me for not being outraged at the censors for not doing their job, so I guess you're right, it wouldn't work. Meh. It's come to something when there's no amount of conceivable surrender that can make people stop beating on you.