Question about store preview images...

Help us craft our dastardly plans for world domination!
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Question about store preview images...

Post by Imp-Chan »

I am rapidly becoming Very Frustrated with the way the previews for our horizontally-formatted prints appear, and since I'm in the middle of redoing our images system in the store anyways, I thought I'd take a moment to get some customer feedback on them. To me they seem too tiny to be enticing, and I'd like to switch to putting some sort of closeup for the preview image, and an actual picture in the additional images area, similar to what you see here.

My concern is that if I do that, people will be able to see how awesome the prints are, but they may also become confused and think that the preview image is the correct crop. I'd rather avoid giving false expectations, I just want people to be able to see the awesomeness of the prints a little better.

What would you guys suggest/prefer?

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Question about store preview images...

Post by davester65 »

I think most people will figure it out if the full image is visible along with the cropped section.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

davester65 wrote:I think most people will figure it out if the full image is visible along with the cropped section.
Agreed.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

I think it looks good now: cropped on the listing page, uncropped on the product info page with a larger image when clicked.