Errant Story Chapter Downloads

Help us craft our dastardly plans for world domination!
ebengt
New Poster

Errant Story Chapter Downloads

Post by ebengt »

Greetings,

Could it become possible to buy more than 1 chapter at a time, in advance?

I would like to be able to buy several chapters (say 12) with one payment. Upon completion (once per month in the best of all possible worlds) each chapter could be emailed, or something, to me.
It would be nice to get a discount (say $20 for 12 chapters), but this is not necessary.
Another Good Thing (tm) would be a reminder when the pre-paid chapters run out.

bengt
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Errant Story Chapter Downloads

Post by Imp-Chan »

At the moment, we're putting up new chapters for download only when that chapter has started on the regular site. Partly this is out of respect for those readers who want to read only on the site, and partly this is because Poe isn't finishing chapters much farther ahead than that.

However, you are able to download more than one of the chapters at once, just put more than one into your cart. I'll see what I can do about arranging for discounts, but I don't think our store lets us issue coupons like that.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
ebengt
New Poster

Post by ebengt »

Greetings,

I apologize for not making myself sufficiently clear. I did not want to be able to buy several existing chapters, but instead I want to buy several future chapters in one go. This would make it possible for me to pay once, read many.

Would that be possible?
The only problem I see is that somebody would have to email me the chapters, or a link to download them, once they are finished.

bengt
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Erm... no, downloading several chapters in advance isn't actually possible. It's not that it's not allowed, it's that they don't exist that far ahead.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
wonderandawe
New Poster

Post by wonderandawe »

I think what he is trying to say is that he wants to pre-buy the chapters in advance and be able to download them as they come out. Sort of like when you get a comic subscription. You buy it for a year and get issues as they are made.

I think the closest thing you can get to that is to buy a gift certificate and use the money to buy the downloads as they come out. I don't know if that will save you the 3 dollar low cart fee. :(
drunk
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by drunk »

Yeah, I read this as, "Can I buy a subscription to this so that when comics are released as per the existing schedule I can auto-download them based on my earlier payment?"
Which does sound like some potential sweetness.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

I can see a couple of reasons why this won't happen soon, if at all.

1. Logistics - the current cart system doesn't handle this scenario and would require coding (probably at a cost higher than the payback over the foreseeable future, especially given the current volume).
2. If they decide to stop the chapter-at-a-time method or stop doing the early chapter downloads, they would have to figure out how to do refunds, deal with the cart, etc.

Remember, they just started doing this. It may be that there's a problem they haven't found with this method. (Looks good, so far.) At least give them a chance to ensure that they are comfortable with it.