Homontel, and beyond

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Re: Homontel, and beyond

Post by Drannin »

Argus felt numb, but nodded. "I have what I need," he said thickly. "No need to linger." Sister Rose was already walking away.

Weave... for all the trouble I have with Fayna, I still... love my daughter. Why would anyone DO such a thing?! As a father, Argus was repulsed. A nasty clinical side of him acknowledged the term 'eugenics.' All of a sudden, he wished that he had never even heard of Provatiel.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Packs and bags gathered, the group went to retrieve the wagon. A parrot was sitting on its frame, with a message capsule on one leg; this one was unclassified, apparently. Sister Rose took the message and stowed the parrot while the others were harnessing the horses.

We hope you have enjoyed your stay at Provatiel. It is a more comfortable billet than most, according to reports anyway; I've never traveled there myself. At the very least, you should be able to recover from the stress and strain of travel, to some extent. LT Bindiel expresses his appreciation for your debrief. He will be meeting the force coming up from Lorenzel to the destination of interest later today.

In answer to your question: Despite the imposing castle in which it is located, the unit stationed at Provatiel is typical for field bases, there being no particular need for anything larger, at least during normal conditions. The castle dates back before the Mage/Priest Wars, to a time when some serious forces were needed there for pacification of the surrounding countryside. However, there obviously is no such requirement now. The usual authorization is for ten officers and 80 to 90 enlisted men, plus civilian help as needed for mess hall, tending the stables, etc. If extended operations at the destination of interest or other locales close to Provatiel prove necessary, the castle can of course accommodate a considerably larger force. Why do you ask?

I assume you will be continuing your voyage south today, in search of your man. The next town of any size beyond Provatiel, as you probably know, is a place called Nautkia, on the estuary of the Lorenzel River. It's reputed to be something of a dump -- again, I've never been there -- but it is doubtful whether you will have enough time to make it to Fort Lorenzel itself. One of the few Reformed congregations in southern Veracia is there, led by one Father Nestor. I'll try to get word to him that you're coming; possibly he can help you arrange accommodations. From there on to your final destination should only be one more day, although a fairly long one.

Safe travels, and keep us posted.

Bernie

Rose wordlessly handed the flimsy paper to Brother Miguel, who scanned it in silence, then started to speak. "Eighty or ninety? But I'm sure I --"

Rose stopped him with a finger pressed to his lips, and said, "Later, while we're on the road. For now, let's just get out of here."

The wagon rumbled out of the main gate and headed south.

[OOC: OK if we switch to a new thread, something like "Lorenzel and the south," at this point? This one is getting kinda long...]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: One last entry, just for fun)

The elf strode down the main street of town. He was right. Hunting would be good here. He could smell it.

So many viable targets... all so close together... it was the absolute mother-lode. Oh, yes. There was much to do, here. So very much to do.

People stopped in the street to stare. Women of all ages gaped, nearly swooning at his good looks. Men twitched, and moved quickly on, feeling a little, well inadequate in comparison. That beauty, that grace... hell, even some of the men wanted him, and that disturbed them on a deep, fundamental level.

The elf stopped. Everyone else stopped as well. For a breathless moment, there was silence in the street. The elf smiled. He had his targets. And he knew just how he was going to start things off... fast and furious. His sinister smile sent silent thrills through all of the females watching him. Casting his arms wide, the elf howled forth his battle-cry:

"BOOBIES!!!"

Selvay the Green Elf was soon very, very busy indeed.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Brilliantly done, D! :lol: And on that note, the new thread is open, although I'll leave this one here as well for a few days, in case anyone else has parting shots.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.