2009-09-11: What are you waiting for?!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-09-11: What are you waiting for?!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for What are you waiting for?!
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Re: 2009-09-11: What are you waiting for?!

Post by Pillaroforder »

Not so easy this time, huh?

I bet Sara will 'meditate' on the problem at hand. Or not. That metod may use too much time. Surely Ensigerum, mages that they are, have methods for finding keyes, locks, doors etc. with magic.
Nephrenra
One Post Wonder

Post by Nephrenra »

Seems to me that the only reason the door opened so easily at the Anilis site is that Ian already opened it. Makes you wonder how though...
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Nephrenra wrote:Seems to me that the only reason the door opened so easily at the Anilis site is that Ian already opened it. Makes you wonder how though...
Nope, I clearly remember steping on one of the steps triggered the portal. They may as well have placed a wellcome mat on it.
Scient
Forum Regular

Post by Scient »

I'd think (hope) that Sara's going to 'meditate' the elves' heads off, to give the party plenty time to figure out the puzzle. Maybe Meji can now detect any magic thingamajiggies in the area.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

The next word balloon would be " . . . so I can pimp-slap you without getting blood on my robes."
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Maybe the manacles are suppressing the door opener?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Graybeard wrote:Maybe the manacles are suppressing the door opener?
The proverbial can opener you mean? I tend to forget sometimes about the cutting power of Durus flamma, but does she even have it? I don't see it on her and elves may not respect guns as weapons but they sure know what those blades can do.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Pillaroforder wrote:The proverbial can opener you mean? I tend to forget sometimes about the cutting power of Durus flamma, but does she even have it? I don't see it on her and elves may not respect guns as weapons but they sure know what those blades can do.
She's got the durus flamma staff hidden where all magical girls hide their staff?
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Pillaroforder wrote:The proverbial can opener you mean? I tend to forget sometimes about the cutting power of Durus flamma, but does she even have it? I don't see it on her and elves may not respect guns as weapons but they sure know what those blades can do.
She's got the durus flamma staff hidden where all magical girls hide their staff?
Um... maybe 'hide the staff' is a poor choice of words there...

But I also think the elves confiscated it. They may not see Jon's guns as being dangerous (not recognizing them?) but they'd certainly take away a Durus Flamma weapon.

I wonder if there's trick to getting past the gateway...?