2009-09-18: Shock and Awe, Take Two

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-09-18: Shock and Awe, Take Two

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Shock and Awe, Take Two
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Re: 2009-09-18: Shock and Awe, Take Two

Post by Pillaroforder »

It would be funny if this turned out not to be Senilis' hideout. For a stag-like being (if I remember his depiction right) he's got some hi-tech(mage?) digs. I'd peg him as nature boy at first glance. Looks can be decieving.
Gunndalf
Forum Trainee

Post by Gunndalf »

Interesting! How did they get in that fast? Did the portal stay open on the other side? Or was the Button labled 'open' in elvish somehow?
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Hmm, I would have thought that the elves would be coming in right behind Jon and co. I think there might be some time dilation in effect here since they're nowhere to be seen when the elves make their interest. Perhaps time is slower inside the chamber?
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Initial B wrote:Hmm, I would have thought that the elves would be coming in right behind Jon and co. I think there might be some time dilation in effect here since they're nowhere to be seen when the elves make their interest. Perhaps time is slower inside the chamber?
They didn't just rush in, that's all. They also needed time to examine and reactivate the portal. Jon and co. only needed a few extra seconds and that's where they got them.
Joe Milino
Forum Trainee

Post by Joe Milino »

The whole "enemy being distracted by deities thing" would be something to take advantage of. . .

"Only OUR god could have a dwelling this mighty!"