2009-09-30: Don't Worry, Mama Fix.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Luciifiel
Forum Regular

Re: 2009-09-30: Don't Worry, Mama Fix.

Post by Luciifiel »

That is utterly ... freaky. :o Frankly, the idea of a fairy who can keep healing you after repeatedly breaking your head, kinda scares me... :o

But nooo... why did he survive?! Damnit, Poe... kill the bastard off.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Luciifiel wrote:But nooo... why did he survive?! Damnit, Poe... kill the bastard off.
I don't see that much life in the partially head-less corpse lying on the ground with a nice pool of blood radiating from where his head should have been.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Waitamminit, upon closer inspection those two look like Nookie and Kawaii. Not so sure about Kawaii, but that's Nookie!

Yeah, it's confusing as hell, but Yenhael's armor was way more ornate and he had a 'crown', so that's not him in 2nd panel. In Concussion's head 'fixing' means 'breaking' and 'procedure' is a blow to the head.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Why is the comment golem at random places in every new thread?

Also I wonder if Nookie and Kawai are the only semi sane ones left?
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-09-30: Don't Worry, Mama Fix.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Don't Worry, Mama Fix.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

Pillaroforder wrote:Yeah, it's confusing as hell
I'm sticking with that. Until someone mentioned the corpse on the ground, I also thought she'd regenerated whatshisname's head and was now going to smash it again. But there were at least two guys with fancier armor with shoulder pads, weren't there?
Waitamminit, upon closer inspection those two look like Nookie and Kawaii. Not so sure about Kawaii, but that's Nookie!
On the other hand, that part I got right away. It looks like the idea of the fairies having a big meeting may not be too farfetched after all.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Nookie! At last!
Can't tell about the other one, though she seems blonde -- I think her hair is wrapped around her arm around Concussion's waist. Whoever she is is the one saying "no! bad fairy!", Nookie's being the muscle.

The mouseover text is confusing. "At least that elf won't have to suffer an eternity of being taunted for screaming like a little girl." Yenhael didn't scream, this one did, but seemed to be keeping Concussion off long enough for the cavalry. Still alive to be taunted... unless it's meant to be foreshadowing.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

I think that, by panel 4, she had already killed the 2 shiny guys ( The commander and the and girl' screaming one) and she is going for one of the other elfs in light cloth/robe.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

Yeah, but even if she did fix him, he wouldn't have his crown, it'd be on the ground. Plus he has, had, the lightest hair of the group.

(Random 'Oh yeah' moment: looking back at Exploitation Now, Jon bears a striking resemblance to the Barkeep who served Jordan her boilermakers in the first christmas special,
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Mord
Forum Regular

Post by Mord »

DatDude wrote:Why is the comment golem at random places in every new thread?

Also I wonder if Nookie and Kawai are the only semi sane ones left?
If you look at the posts, they are generated with a post time of 1AM EST even if they appear before then, because the comics are being posted before 1AM and people are commenting on them their posts have an earlier time then the golems which is why it appears later in the thread rather then at the first post.