2009-10-14: Stop asking questions.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-10-14: Stop asking questions.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Stop asking questions.
Angrist
Forum Trainee

Re: 2009-10-14: Stop asking questions.

Post by Angrist »

Hm. So perhaps Luminosita and Anilis/Senilis/Exitalis are not all that different after all...
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Ok, that was worth waiting for.
Someone's awed and impressed... but it's not going to be Ellis.
Look, new hints of sufficiently advanced science masquerading as magic.
Did elves have phallic esteem issues? Because the fairies seem pretty quick on the uptake if they lacked prior experience with the concept. Of course, their whole design is suspicious... I still bet on the 'gods' being severely posthuman. Blah blah energy being but they didn't forget about their Earthly schoolgirls and nurses.
Information security is leaking... if only we could get Kawaii talking for more than a sentence.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Angrist wrote:Hm. So perhaps Luminosita and Anilis/Senilis/Exitalis are not all that different after all...
Nope, not at all different. In fact you could say that the difference between them is the same as the difference between a plastic dildo and live, throbbing cock of immense proportions.

(Was going to compare a cat and a statue of a cat, but that's just lame)

BTW, is it just me or does ellis look a bit worse for wear?..
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Angrist wrote:Hm. So perhaps Luminosita and Anilis/Senilis/Exitalis are not all that different after all...
Nope, not at all different. In fact you could say that the difference between them is the same as the difference between a plastic dildo and live, throbbing cock of immense proportions.

(Was going to compare a cat and a statue of a cat, but that's just lame)

BTW, is it just me or does ellis look a bit worse for wear?..
Except that there's still every reason to believe that the elven 'gods' did create everybody, while Luminosita was made by people. Also, the elven gods are a lot more advanced.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

there's still every reason to believe that the elven 'gods' did create everybody
I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe they just found the elves in a fairly primitive state, decided they needed some servants/worshippers/whatever and so came up with some useful fake mythology. Keep in mind that said 'gods' were off the scene when the humans appeared, so it's established that either
  • there's somebody else out there who can create stuff
  • new races can appear spontaneously via mutation/natural selection/etc, just like in our universe
My money's on the latter.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

Or we have the Messed Up Colony Ship Scenario (i.e., elves as colonists travelling in steerage, Anilis/Senilis/etc as crewmembers with access to Advanced Stuff, ... sort of like Zelazny's Lord of Light ...)
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

wrog wrote:
there's still every reason to believe that the elven 'gods' did create everybody
I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe they just found the elves in a fairly primitive state, decided they needed some servants/worshippers/whatever and so came up with some useful fake mythology. Keep in mind that said 'gods' were off the scene when the humans appeared, so it's established that either
  • there's somebody else out there who can create stuff
  • new races can appear spontaneously via mutation/natural selection/etc, just like in our universe
My money's on the latter.
http://www.errantstory.com/2005-10-07/424

Kawaii starts out saying "they were trying to create a repl[acement?]" before being suppressed. Given that she was probably *there*, I'm betting they in fact made the elves and trolls. Creation of the dwarves and fairies may have to be taken on faith... but since both seem to immortal and non-reproductive populations, it seems a fair bet. Such things *don't* appear spontaneously via natural selection. Elves probably wouldn't either, given their biology.

If the gods are posthuman, the humans might have stumbled in via a gate, or been transported. The status of Exitialis is also unknown. God of death, or dead god? Continuity doesn't seem to be here.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

mindstalk wrote:Except that there's still every reason to believe that the elven 'gods' did create everybody, while Luminosita was made by people. Also, the elven gods are a lot more advanced.
I was referring to them being sentient magical energy balls (post-humanoid or what ever), while the poke-god was merely a ball of magical energy.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I recall Luminosita being called "semi-autonomous" or something along those lines once. Still a far step from sapience though. (Rant-tangent: argh it's not "sentience"! Dang dogs and cats and mice are all sentient, but none of them are sapient! [Though some pet owners would argue about that]. Sentient just means "feeling" [lit. "sensing"], it's sapient that means "thinking" [lit. "wise"], viz. "homo sapiens", meaning "thinking man" or "wise man").
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."