2009-11-23: So.. Next Idea?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2009-11-23: So.. Next Idea?

Post by Graybeard »

I must say, I like Sara's attitude.

I wonder, though: how much control are any of these people going to have over who Senilis chooses? Isn't he going to just go do what he wants to do? In which case look out for an insanely powerful (or powerfully insane) Ellis...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

good answer.

gotta love the all star cast that is on the premises
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

I never ever imagined Meji would get Senilis by a decision of *elves*. This will be hilarious. Though yeah, where's Senilis's agency in all this? Also, can Meji possibly make sense to them if they think this through? She's a half-elf, she's been kidnapped and threatened, she's something with Ian though they may not know that or why she was kidnapped. Shouldn't they think she'd be as likely to turn as Sara?

Though I think she isn't.

Also WTF is Sara's problem?
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

mindstalk wrote:Also WTF is Sara's problem?
The Ensigerum hate Elves. I don't think they've really explained why, although there are plenty of possibilities we can theorize from.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-11-23: So.. Next Idea?

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for So.. Next Idea?
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

mindstalk wrote:Shouldn't they think she'd be as likely to turn as Sara?
They see her as substantially softer. Besides, Sara didn't turn on them because Sara was never on their side. Then again, neither has Meji been. Through this entire adventure, Meji never really developed that 'Killer hardness'. Mostly, she has been a bystander. In combat, she is fairly useless.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

"I guess they really are that stupid." Really doesn't quite express where we are now. That god floating over their head...far too busy laughing right now, but they are in for such a beating.

I like Sara's honesty, anyway. Her attitude could still use a little work, but she's very honest. Might be one of the reasons she doesn't talk that often. I'm sure that the training program of the apostate Ensigerum includes plenty of propaganda about how elves callously manipulated, used, and then discarded humanity in the past (at any rate Anita seemed to have a smooth enough line there, though she's always pretty smooth). And it isn't like Sara hasn't seen plenty of evidence herself that this is, in point of fact, the case.

The puzzle isn't why she'd have a problem with going after the elves, but why she would tell them that rather than staying silent. I'm guessing she believes Jon is reasonably correct in his assessment of Ian as a nice enough fellow before absorbing the mysterious entity of enormous power (pretty much everyone--including Ian--assumes that he has gone bat-bomb insane since), and thus suspects that her mind might not survive the encounter with whatever serves as Senilis' incorporeal equivalent of a giant re-purposed waste elimination organ. Or, being at least somewhat trained in magic, has heard at least a few stories that ended with "and then his head exploded."

Heck, even Meji has had second thoughts about the wisdom of absorbing all-powerful magic energy entities by now. Though if she does...I wonder how far Ellis' immortality stretches.
Kill...more...elves.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

No One wrote:
mindstalk wrote:Also WTF is Sara's problem?
The Ensigerum hate Elves. I don't think they've really explained why, although there are plenty of possibilities we can theorize from.
I know they do, though killing them all seems rather extreme. Anita seems good with it but she's crazy.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Well, going here was a desperate idea to begin with . . . they only did it because nothing else they could think of evened the odds against Ian/Anilis. Sara not only doesn't like the Elves and doesn't like the idea of being manipulated, she's also bright enough to understand that being Anilis' vessel is eating away at Ian's mind.

These Elves aren't complete idiots, they wouldn't be on this mission if they were, but none of the Elves' decisions have worked properly since they sent that squad of soldiers to take out Meji and Ian way back when.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Slamlander wrote:
mindstalk wrote:Shouldn't they think she'd be as likely to turn as Sara?
They see her as substantially softer. Besides, Sara didn't turn on them because Sara was never on their side. Then again, neither has Meji been. Through this entire adventure, Meji never really developed that 'Killer hardness'. Mostly, she has been a bystander. In combat, she is fairly useless.
Uh, how many combats has she been in? She did fine against muggers and cops. She intervened decently in Ian's rescue fiasco. Then there was getting captured/re-captured by the elves just recently, where I thought she was better than useless.

Funny to hear someone say Scary Little Devil Girl doesn't have killer hardness. "I wonder if I just need the head?"