2010-08-19: Chapter Forty Six Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-08-19: Chapter Forty Six Commentary

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Chapter Forty Six Commentary
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Re: 2010-08-19: Chapter Forty Six Commentary

Post by DatDude »

Those damn elves what have they done to commentary sara's face? LoL yea Poe was right that new pen didn't work out too well.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

In the last two panels I can't help picturing Sara saying "Where's my money, bitch?"

That said...the problem I had with Future Meji was a case of what I'm terming now "Shitting in the Middle of a Highway" syndrome... the jump in the story was confusing, then you add a confusing character spouting confusing dialogue and cockteasing with info that leaves about as soon as she comes, cleverly sidestepping the whole 'making sense' issue and it's just frustrating...

I gather Senilis was the one with the triune entity's knowledge pool, and that was passed on to Meji...
Which makes me wonder WTF did Ian get? Triune entity's PMS reserves, rage? POWER, UNLIMITED POWER?
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Nell wrote:I gather Senilis was the one with the triune entity's knowledge pool, and that was passed on to Meji...
Which makes me wonder WTF did Ian get? Triune entity's PMS reserves, rage? POWER, UNLIMITED POWER?
So maybe all the men of their ancient race bound together into a single Ol Bastard with phenomenal cosmic knowledge and all the women bound together into a single Ol Bitch with phenomenal cosmic hormones? :ducks: ;)

(And all the sexless old people bound together into Ol Dead Guy?)
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

Forrest wrote:
Nell wrote:I gather Senilis was the one with the triune entity's knowledge pool, and that was passed on to Meji...
So maybe all the men of their ancient race bound together into a single Ol Bastard with phenomenal cosmic knowledge and all the women bound together into a single Ol Bitch with phenomenal cosmic hormones? :ducks: ;)

(And all the sexless old people bound together into Ol Dead Guy?)
On a srs note, I was refering to this http://www.errantstory.com/2003-08-29/139 and how the three ol' people were one big ol person at some point

On a not so srs note...Ian is overdue for his period =_= god sometimes I hate the way my brain works.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Nell wrote:On a srs note, I was refering to this http://www.errantstory.com/2003-08-29/139 and how the three ol' people were one big ol person at some point.
Ah yeah, forgot all about that. That explains why the loss of Third Collective would destabilize the other two, if the three were originally parts of a single whole.

I wonder if Exitialis, besides being a Dead God, actually was a God of Death of a sort... perhaps responsible for 'recycling' the constituents of the Collectives, somehow, keeping them stable in the process. Sort of the idea that without death to cleanse it, eternal life stagnates and rots... so without Third Collective, Self and Other began, I suppose, leaking dead constituents, without anything recycling them back into new ones.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Huh . . . good commentary on the new Doctor, anyway. :ugeek:
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Keep in mind Ian is describing elven myth there, which is somewhat low on the cosmic reliability scale, as it consists of what the two gods thought they should believe... plus some stuff that Continuity made up, according to Nookie. And that's without the elves mutating it themselves.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

i love those commentaries :P
funny, lamp-shading...
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Boss Out of Town wrote:Huh . . . good commentary on the new Doctor, anyway. :ugeek:
I thought matsts smith is a good doctor very approachable.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick