'Cause dragons are a girl's best friend...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

'Cause dragons are a girl's best friend...

Post by Imp-Chan »

I'm not quite sure whether to be ashamed of the song in today's page, or proud of it. I suppose it is kinda cute, in a sick, horrifying sort of way...

It was also a lot harder to come up with than I thought it'd be. I improvise cute little rhyming singsongs all the time, so Michael being the loving and terribly patient man he is (he's been the embarrassed subject of more than one such ditty, including a few that sprang forth at decidedly inopportune moments) thought it'd be easy for me to come up with something to use in the comic. Sadly, no one had explained to him that it's one thing for me to improvise silly musical odes to Jack's fuzzy paws when I'm happy and a little bored, it's quite another thing to come up with something specific and in context for the comic on command. He wound up having to "inspire" (see: bribe) me with chocolate before I was able to come up with anything, and I'm not convinced it's anything near as "good" as my usual semi-musical blather.

And of course, now the bloody song is stuck in my head, where it will develop extra verses and never, ever go away...

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 'Cause dragons are a girl's best friend...

Post by Graybeard »

Imp-Chan wrote:He wound up having to "inspire" me with chocolate before I was able to come up with anything, and I'm not convinced it's anything near as "good" as my usual semi-musical blather.
Chocolate?

You did fine.

Incidentally, SL, I don't remember "The Road To..." at all. But I led a curious childhood (plus, they actually were just a bit before my time).

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Heh, yay for semi-musical randomness.
Shiar
New Poster

Post by Shiar »

You know... this is sad, but a minute or two after reading your poem and your response, this popped into my head:

And that is why (as you will see)
that upon times of mirth and glee,
A ditty spawned of chocolate joy
will fixate much like a new toy;

Your mind will play with verse and prose
continuing on that dragon's woes.
But safe to say this next is true:
nothing is worse than baby's poo.

Aheheheh... *cough* Yes. Your not alone in the insane random rhyming.... thing. <.<

-Brian