2010-09-09: Unstable?!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-09-09: Unstable?!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Unstable?!
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-09-09: Unstable?!

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

The polymorph lottery; I don't care, as long as there's even the remotest of chances for cat ear and tail + sharp claws, i'd go for it.
Nyerguds
Forum Regular

Post by Nyerguds »

alt="Unstable?!"
title="curse you tiny alt test box!"

Ehh? He seems to have switched those...
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:The polymorph lottery; I don't care, as long as there's even the remotest of chances for cat ear and tail + sharp claws, i'd go for it.
I dunno, somehow I think Ellis was very, very lucky. Remember the sandwich?
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

I love how much restraint she's showing thus far. Again, if Senilis kicks the stupid out of her personality I might grow to like her.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Well, at least she is aware of the pantless thing. But it appears that is the lowest concern on her list of priorities right now.

So her brain is frying and regenerating itself at the same time? How will that affect her memories and personality? If Ian went through the same thing, he seems not too much the worse for wear. But Meji seems to be going through it much more severely than Ian ever did.

Re: the frontal lobe from Wikipidia:
The executive functions of the frontal lobes involve the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best), override and suppress unacceptable social responses, and determine similarities and differences between things or events. Therefore, it is involved in higher mental functions.

The frontal lobes also play an important part in retaining longer term memories which are not task-based. These are often memories associated with emotions derived from input from the brain's limbic system. The frontal lobe modifies those emotions to generally fit socially acceptable norms.
Hmmm, if this lobe is undergoing constant destruction/regeneration, then I can see why Meji is acting the way she is. But based on past behaviour, Anillis might be doing her a favour.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Initial B wrote:Well, at least she is aware of the pantless thing. But it appears that is the lowest concern on her list of priorities right now.
"Let's see... My brain is melting, being stirred about, fried, and served with a nice chianti and fava beans. Also, my camel toe is ogleable. I'm going to prioritize frying you for seeing my fun factory."
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

XD Camel toe Meji would make a wonderful wallpaper.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Nell wrote:XD Camel toe Meji would make a wonderful wallpaper.
Or not
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

meji said: ...and your still giving me shit about my grades

I laughed when I read that

glad to see how you can become a demigod in errant story and still be concerned for the little things in life.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I think that she should take the "valid medical excuse" card (if that's being offered, which seems to be the case) and come back another day.

You know, when her surviving personality no longer cares about failing.

Ian didn't really seem to have it any better, he just complained less about it. Though Meji did plenty of complaining about Ian's brain-melting phase too, so...at least she's being consistent?
Kill...more...elves.