2010-09-30: They're asking for help.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-09-30: They're asking for help.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for They're asking for help.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2010-09-30: They're asking for help.

Post by ChunLing »

Oh, I get it. This is one of those "let's just make sure we don't have any elves around here" strategies. Not the worst idea, but far from heroic :P

Still, a force field? Cause I'm sure the elves have already seen that one before. I was hoping for...Oh, I don't know what I was hoping for. Ian, you really disappoint me at times.
Kill...more...elves.
KayDat
New Poster

Post by KayDat »

And now we have begun to recieve a looping emergency message from them
Missing a word?
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

the force field might serve to pin the elves in p. astu. a duel edged knife as it were.

so this is the beginning of the end for errant story. it's been a hell of a ride.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

...I do hope Sarine, or likely Jon thinks of Meji fast enough...
I also hope Nookie or some other fae, perhaps Continuity, gets to do some exposition.
I also hope other elves besides Misa survive Errant Story...
I'm hoping Sarine doesn't die but I can see many ways the story could kill her off.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Sarine's best strategy is to not accept the mission. Jon and Sara, the same.

Sarine knows very well that her kin aren't going to ask anyone for help unless they are seriously out classed and maybe not even then. Since the only WMD, with a personal grudge against the elves, that she knows about is Ian then Sarine has to bring the only WMD that she has and that's Meji, an unreliable counter at best. She does not know about Ian's deal with the Ensigerum. But then, Ian doesn't know about Sara.

Sarine should not go with anything less than Meji and, at least, a company of Battlemages, if she goes at all. Even then, I see a showdown betwixt Sara v the Impiratrix, Meji v Ian, Battlemages v Ensigerum, and the Paedogogusi v damned near everyone else, while Jon basically just tries to get everyone back out alive and reasonably intact.

All in all, this is going to be one hell of a final battle scene. :D

Oh yes, the last bubble on the first panel has a missing-word typo. ;)

*Brings popcorn and beer and starts taking bets*
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

Slamlander wrote:... while Jon basically just tries to get everyone back out alive and reasonably intact.
more like Jon hiding behind the biggest rock he can find, taking potshots
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

wrog wrote:
Slamlander wrote:... while Jon basically just tries to get everyone back out alive and reasonably intact.
Be an awesomely cool way for Ian to buy it. Tossing his head back, laughing as the elves try to resist, switching over to ranting at Meji, only to suddenly have the side of his head erupt outwards and be dead before he hits the ground.

And a quarter mile off, Jon silently nods, and chambers another round.

A perfect mix of epic badass and casual anticlimax. Perfect for Ian. Stupendous final showdown? No. Insultingly uncaring execution? Yes.
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I don't know...Jon likes Ian more than he likes most elves. Not sure he would execute Ian at all, let alone insultingly or uncaringly.

Anyway, Sarine doesn't have much choice about accepting this "mission". Cause they'll just throw her out of the city if she refuses.

Like, over the edge.

Also doubtful how much support they'll be willing to expend, though the general seems eager enough to take Ian on.
Kill...more...elves.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

wrog wrote:
i see no contradiction between those two statements.

PS. if meji really was seeing future versions of herself and ian, then neither of them would die.