2011-01-31: Stop mucking around!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2011-01-31: Stop mucking around!

Post by Graybeard »

Is anybody else unable to see the usual stuff at the top of the page, above the comic? It's still there, and "works" (if you mouse over the place where the "Forums" text usually appears, you get the hand, and clicking it leads here), but I can't see it.

Anyway, so what happens next? Does Meji hitchhike? Are her flying skills not up to Ian's? She's bound to come busting into this scene momentarily, but I'm in some doubt what she'll do when she gets there -- other than upset the applecart.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-01-31: Stop mucking around!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Stop mucking around!
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

They're sending in their Navy. Tsuriraku is officially in "not fucking around" mode.
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I wonder if Meji is on her way to see Bani, who is amongst the slackers mucking around in this scene. (Unless "Igaaru" is a common last name in Tsuiraku).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Now we know that the reinforcements are on their way. ;)
BTW, that's a large stack of very large bombs. Ground penetrators, anyone? The golem loaders are good too :)

I suspect that Ian will provide a good air defense but he won't find the mages that easy of a target. It's looking like Tsuiraku has superior mage technology to the elves and they've been practicing.
Graybeard wrote:Anyway, so what happens next? Does Meji hitchhike? Are her flying skills not up to Ian's? She's bound to come busting into this scene momentarily, but I'm in some doubt what she'll do when she gets there -- other than upset the applecart.
Bets are being taken that Meji flies to Praenubilis Astu directly, getting there just when the first wave of reinforcements arrive, at 2100 :) .
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Graybeard wrote:Is anybody else unable to see the usual stuff at the top of the page, above the comic? It's still there, and "works" (if you mouse over the place where the "Forums" text usually appears, you get the hand, and clicking it leads here), but I can't see it.
Looks fine to me. Let me know if you're still seeing this and we'll RELEASE THE KRAKEN KAITOU to see if he can figure out what's going on.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Flintlock
Forum Regular

Post by Flintlock »

Hmm both ships are named *something* Maru... Anyone else immediately get reminded of the Kobayashi (or whatever it's called in Star Trek) Maru when they read that? What's the betting that something similar will happen here?
"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams
GWhite
New Poster

Post by GWhite »

Flintlock wrote:Hmm both ships are named *something* Maru... Anyone else immediately get reminded of the Kobayashi (or whatever it's called in Star Trek) Maru when they read that? What's the betting that something similar will happen here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_s ... onventions
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

I'm curious to find out what their Carriers are carrying. A Golem air force?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Forrest wrote:I wonder if Meji is on her way to see Bani, who is amongst the slackers mucking around in this scene. (Unless "Igaaru" is a common last name in Tsuiraku).
Good catch. From the clothing worn by the slacker, I'd guess it is indeed Bani. I should probably have included her in the "who's going to survive" poll too; it isn't a slam-dunk.

Of course, an entirely fair question at this point is: is ANYTHING -- not just anybody -- going to survive this Armageddon/Gotterdammerung/Ragnarok? There are certain aspects to this whole thing, not least the behavior of the ghods inside Meji's head (and I don't mean older-Meji and Ian, I mean this remarkable episode), that lead one to suspect that the End of Everything may be at hand. Can the characters survive the disruption of the universe they inhabit?

In other news, the buttons are back, but now I can't vote at topwebcomics. Presumably that's just some transient outage related to the end of the month.

Footnote: Look at the load of bombs that golem is hauling. Indeed, Tsuiraku is not mucking around any more ... not that it will matter.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.